Monday, March 17, 2008

Sewing Like Crazy

Our sewing retreat has come and gone--how did it all pass so quickly? Well, I guess I know how:
1) Chatting in the car on the way down making 4 hours seem like only 1.
2) Sleeping peacefully with my quiet roomie Krista.
3) Learning how to really sew--as in cutting out patterns, following directions, and using fancy things like interfacing, seam rippers, disappearing ink, rulers, cutting boards, gathering stitches and even an iron--who knew? :)
4) Laughing over "caramel apples" and "spicy chicken" and jamming to music from the iPod speakers as we worked.
5) Relaxing during our manis and pedis at the nail salon (well, for the most part they were relaxing--among other things...)
6) Dining on Cafe Rio and homemade calzones--both very delicious.
7) Making hair bows for our darling daughters and teasing Mary about her "sensitivity."
8) Posing for several timer pictures--yes, I said posing because the 8 of us can really ham it up.



I love all of you girls!! (and yes, you too Porter, the lone male, for being the sweetest, sleepiest baby:) Thank you all for a fabulous weekend and for teaching me so many useful skills!
























5 comments:

Heidi said...

Care I love the aprons! I want you to make me one sometime (I will buy it from you). Sounds like a way fun weekend! I wish I could have that kind of QT with my sisters in law. O and my sisters too of course (I just said sisters in law since it has never happened). Now I am just super excited for SG this weekend because I love it there so much!!

Anonymous said...

What a fun, memorable, productive way to bond with the in-laws! You guys have some great things to show for it as well! I need that apron pattern after I buy a new sewing machine! We need to plan something like this...

Bobbi said...

Dad said, "It looks like a sweat shop!" Your creations are cute, and what a fun way to spend a week-end. Your LeBaron relatives are all great women and would be enjoyable to hang out with. Do you think you can get away for another sewing week-end with us?! (Hey, Joe, wasn't it so fun babysitting?!...)

Krista said...

I love that you captured other things that I didn't include in my post that were totally awesome! good post and you were truly a good roomie. Anytime we have the option to share a room let's do it! Thanks for making this trip possible.

Ruth Ann said...

I WASN'T BEING SENSITIVE!!! jk...thanks for putting up with me. sorry i flushed all the you know whats...

-mare