Monday, December 10, 2012

December Advent

Where have I been little blog? Oh, I know. Elbow deep in a huge Sub 4 Santa project followed immediately by finishing up the kids' yearbooks by today so I could use my Picaboo Groupon. Every time I wanted to be blogging I was working away in one way or another, which is a very good feeling most of the time (and other times I just want to sit with my feet up and unwind...like right now).

I hate to let too many days fly by without documenting our December advent fun. It has been a very busy start to the month so maybe things will slow down over the next 2 weeks (maybe?) At least Jr. Jazz is on hold until the new year (one more thing we added in since Thanksgiving!)

Advent for the first 10 days of December:

Sat. 1st: Picking out a tree from the lot with Horsley cousins and Smith grandparents. We ate at Hires after and then stopped by Trader Joe's on a whim. It was the 2nd day it was open here in SLC and it was packed like crazy with shelves almost totally cleared out! Crazy. I will have to get my chocolate PB pretzels on another visit.

Sun. 2nd: We watched Home Alone after church and then went back to my parents' house for cake and ice cream to celebrate Lukey bear's birthday (even if it was 3 weeks early :) Love seeing that babe fully enjoy his cake!
 
 

Mon. 3rd: Frost & decorate Christmas trees (upside down ice cream cones)

Tues. 4th: Snowman coloring pages & Elementary School Singing Program
 Caroline right in the middle singing "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas"
She was so animated and darling through the whole thing. Loved watching her!
 Bentley in his gray suit singing "Frosty Hand-jive" (jazzed up version of Frosty the Snowman)

Wed. 5th: Lego Christmas creations (building a Christmas tree, snowman, and for Bean, the whole North Pole)
Ths. 6th: Christmas window gels
Fri. 7th: Sub 4 Santa delivery in Logan (more on that later).
Sat. 8th: Ward Christmas party
Sun. 9th: Watch Polar Express and drink cocoa
Mon. 10th: Make sugar cookies

I had to include this adorable letter Bentley left for the tooth fairy about 2 weeks ago. So sweet and very sincere. My kids are losing teeth like crazy right now—keeps me on my toes!


5 comments:

Maggie said...

Love that tooth fairy letter! It made my heart smile:) excited to see you guys !

Heidi said...

That is quite the cake for Luke! Where was it from? He was so into it.

Looks like a fun and busy December!

Flori said...

You are such a good mom to do advent activities! It is always one of those good intentions that I don't quite follow through on....

love the tooth fairy letter. She is notoriously forgetful around our house. In fact, SJ just lost a tooth today and said as she was going to bed, "Mom, could you PLEASE make sure the tooth fairy comes on the first night this time?!" haha

Bobbi said...

Busy life full of good things. Loved Luke's birthday cake joy!

Krista said...

All fun things!!! And I too loved reading about the tooth on instagram. So awesome.