Friday, November 30, 2012

Thanksgiving

We were all over the place last weekend but it was wonderful to spend so much time with so much family. On Wednesday night we spent the night at the cabin with my parents and 2 older siblings and their families. Thursday morning we came down to the valley for our 5K, went back to my in-laws for the afternoon and for our delicious feast, and then we drove back up to the cabin just before dark to spend another night up there. It felt a little rushed and crazy, especially now that there are 6 of us and one is a baby with more needs than any of us combined (bottles, diapers, change of clothes, blankies for nap time, a binkie, snacks, baby food...it can get overwhelming!)

It was a lovely weekend though. My poor big sis got hit with something hard and basically hibernated in her room in the cabin ALL day Thursday. So sad for her to miss out entirely, and sad for us to have her "gone" too. We had a lot of fun with her kiddos and hubby though!
 hot tub on Wednesday night
 Caroline and Uncle Tommy prepping dinner on Thursday
 Three of Nanny's four 3 year-olds (did you follow that?)
 Caroline and Tillie
The table set and ready for Thanksgiving dinner
My hubby, his mama and our baby niece Adelaide
 decorating the tree at the cabin Friday morning
my big brother in town from Phoenix

For every day in November leading up to Thanksgiving I posted a pic on Instagram about something I am grateful for. It was such a fun challenge and really made me look at all around me with a renewed sense of gratitude and joy. I have so very much and my heart is filled with love for my Father in Heaven who has blessed me beyond measure. Truly. Especially with these 5 people who are my greatest gifts and the best thing about every day. I love them with all my heart.


4 comments:

Krista said...

Loved catching up on your blog!!! Joseph and Carrie u both look fabulous! Such a cute family! Love u guys and we will see u soon over the holidays!

Heidi said...

ha ha the tiniest people are the most demanding, too funny. Sounds busy but so wonderful to be surrounded by so much family. You guys are a beautiful family and I love that last photo

Bobbi said...

You were in and out, but we were so glad to have you whenever. Beautiful pic of your family!

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful pic of your fam!