Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

 
Such a lovely evening! It always is though. When Luke was just 3 days old last Christmas, I knew I did not want to miss out on our special, Smith family Christmas Eve tradition. I was so happy I could be there last year. And this year, I was thrilled to be feeling like my normal self, and to have my one year old, juicy babe to cuddle and smooch:
 The pictures capture the night pretty well
 Luke was trying to catch the falling snowflakes :)
Maddie, as Mary in the nativity, really wanted Luke to be baby Jesus. I was totally thinking he could be a lamb or donkey this year but he ended up as the robust baby Jesus. He is so huge in Maddie's arms—I loved it! 
My mom is such a great gift giver. I try to be like her whenever I am gifting to others. She remembers specific details and brief conversations with all her grandkids (and kids) in order to get them something they'd love. She plans and works for weeks in advance to make sure all these darlings feel love from her through the presents she gives. And they do! Thank you mom (and dad :) again—it was the perfect Christmas Eve (minus our Minnesota loves so far away this year!)


5 comments:

Heidi said...

O boy I am laughing too hard at Maddie holding Luke as Baby Jesus. good stuff

Sadie looked at this with me and kept squealing "my best friends!" over and over. she loves her girly cousins

Bobbi said...

Truly the Maddie/Mary holding "robust" baby Jesus is still making me laugh! It was a wonderful evening, I loved it all--I love you all! And thank you for our special gifts. The new place mats will be well used and well enjoyed by us and by the children when they come visit. They love to use their own mat and inspect every photo.

Carol said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carol said...

I love that your mom's gifts are so thoughtful. Those gifts are the very best! Happy New Year Carie!!!

Anonymous said...

Another memorable and fun Christmas Eve at Mom's! I may need some of these pics from you...