Sunday, December 30, 2012

On Christmas Day in the Morning

  
Our merry Christmas morning! It surprisingly didn't start until about 6:45 and even then Luke was still sleeping until we had looked at all the stocking stuff and opened presents. Sweet babe had peed out of his diaper so he was dressed for the day right away instead of in his cozy PJs.
Caroline holding Caroline Abbott. 
It was so much fun to give this doll to my little lady. She has been patiently waiting for a real American Girl doll for a long time and I was almost as excited as she was that morning. She loves her so much—the 2 have been inseparable ever since. Too cute!
Bentley my great facial expressionist
Livs with a new puzzle Joseph ordered for her. Her big blue eyes are killing me in this pic!

All the kiddos then wanted to display their new puzzles
 Sorting out gifts—such a fun job! I loved doing that as as kid.
Over to Nanny's and Grandpa's at lunch time for more gifts, yummy food and lots of cousin time.

Later that day, back at home, the kids enjoyed their new things and especially loved showing them off when my parents dropped by for visit. My cute Caroline had already cleaned out her stocking, gathered her things into a box and taken them all up to her room. She is a little tidier (v. endearing :)

Somehow I only have pics of Bentley's fun things that day:
Lego Dinosaur compound from my parents on Christmas Eve.
Funny Bentley woke up at 3:00 am and started building it because he was so excited, but then felt sleepy again around 5 and went back to bed. I guess that's why he wasn't up and going too early Christmas morning—the girls were up first and we had to go downstairs and wake Beans up before stockings and presents. That has never happened before with my early bird boy!

New remote control helicopter. It is actually pretty cool and he is getting really good at flying it. Except that Luke grabbed one of the blades when it landed by him a few days ago and now it won't fly quite right. Hopefully we can get it fixed soon.


3 comments:

Bobbi said...

I do miss that magic time of Christmas morning with children, thanks for sharing yours here. We loved coming over and seeing each special item (Livs: "And shome random little thing" in her stocking). It was delightful, and we love them all so much! It really felt like Christmas. And I could see and feel the love of parents who make such an effort to make it a memorable, exciting, wonderful occasion.
Darling Caroline and her AG doll--reminds me of some Christmases at our house! And cute, excited Bentley, getting up in the middle of the night to build his Legos--adorable!

Heidi said...

Too funny about Bentley waking up and working on the lego in the middle of the night. I was surprised to hear Caroline didn't sleep in!

Reading mom's comment and I am giggling again over Olivia's commentary.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, of course Bean got up at 3~so did Maddie and she went down to wake up the boys and do legos until 7 am! Crazy kiddos.

Looks so fun.