Monday, December 24, 2012

Sibling Gifts

Our advent for December 23rd: sibling gifts. My kids were so eager to give these to each other and for good reason. They had worked hard this fall to earn money by raking leaves, picking up crab apples, cleaning up weeds I'd pulled, shoveling snow, babysitting Luke (while I showered or made dinner :), and doing special cleaning assignments besides their regular chores. I was so excited for them to see each other open the gifts they knew their sibling would love so much. It was a happy afternoon.

The girls got Bentley a Star Wars nerf gun he had chosen out for cousin Tiago's birthday a few months back and had really wanted for himself too.

The big kids got Livs Ariel Squinkies—the little lady is obsessed with them!
Cares got an AG cat from her sibs and fell in love. It was one of at least 100 things she circled in the catalog back in October, but she was dying to have any of those items! I may have added my own cash in addition to make that purchase since it was a bit over our normal budget.
 Huge success. Can't wait for next year!


4 comments:

Heidi said...

Max would be very envious of that gun!

Did you know hearing Livies voice was one of my highlights of Christmas day, Just looking at these I am reminded again of it, the best

Heidi said...

Hm that maybe came out wrong, hearing all your voices was the best, but you know Livies has such a distinct voice I forget about it and it makes me giggle

Bobbi said...

What a good idea to open these on an unbusy night so that the gift can be savored and appreciated. And I love that they each earned the money for the gifts, it makes it more special to the giver and the recipient. It's wonderful to have children around at Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Haha, Heid's comments are funny. And so true!

What a fun gift giving tradition! We open our sibling gifts on Christmas Eve (along with the Christmas pjs) so that they are remembered and treasured. I don't want to see them lost in the midst of Santa and other presents the next day.

Good presents!