Monday, August 8, 2011

Still No School

...but this morning we finalized registration for Caroline's ballet class and bought her first official pair of canvas ballet shoes. I get to sew the elastics down for her and everything (only my mom may appreciate the reverence I have for such a ritual...)

...this afternoon we ordered new backpacks for my 2 grade school kids from Lands End and final uniform pieces for Cares (Beans is still outfitted from last year, thank goodness).

...and we enjoyed a final lunch date with all 5 Horsley cousins as they begin school next week (of course my sister and I will be having more of these year-round :)

Summer is officially nearing its end, but we hope to make the most of our last weeks of freedom.


3 comments:

Bobbi said...

Really, how can Caroline be a grade-schooler? And how fun is that for you to get to sew her elastics? That little snippet brought back memories to me--loved doing it for you!

Anonymous said...

You will have to teach me how to sew the elastics for Maddie! I am excited for her to start ballet.

Thanks for watching my kiddos while I did two registrations. And thanks for staying for lunch one last time with everyone. It will be quite a change once it is just us and Livs, Connor, Brigg and your baby!

Maggie said...

My friend just got a cute backpack for her girl at land's end. So fun. I love all the "back to school" traditions.