Monday, August 15, 2011

Birthdays and Boys


To my tiny baby boy,

Today your daddy and I discovered, quite clearly thanks to the shot above, that you are another sweet son ready to join our family this winter. Hooray! To be honest, I have thought you were a boy for quite some time but just figured it was wishful thinking. After 2 darling daughters I truly wanted another son and really wanted Bentley to have a brother. I am so thrilled for you to meet him and adopt him as a best friend and hero in your life.

Today is your amazing daddy's 34th birthday and I hoped an ultrasound on his special day would be a fun thing to look forward to. That daddy of yours was beaming with pride as we discovered so much about you today, even over your long legs, wiggling fingers and solid "boyness." If there is ever a man you can look to for love, advice, for laughter or an example of righteousness it's your daddy. He is so excited to be a father this 4th time over and he will love and adore you just as he does your siblings. I think you are so lucky to have him as your father and hope you'll become like him as you grow-up.

Keep growing and kicking and enjoying life inside me. I was so relieved to hear that all is well with you today and that the doctor had absolutely no concerns. I love knowing you are perfect and content inside me for now, but we are all getting excited to meet you down the road. I love you already even though I have yet to snuggle you in my arms. Be good and grow big!

I love you,
Your Mommy


A quick pic from our night out with Nanny and Grandpa.
I hope my hubby felt truly adored and spoiled today!


6 comments:

Keltie said...

Happy Birthday Joe, and congrats guys on the second boy. Our family seems to have forgotten how to have boys, so its good to know someone out there is having them. Kalinda is pregnant with a girl, so with grandchild # 16 on the way there is still only one biological boy in the family. Have fun with your little boy we are sure enjoying ours right now.

Bobbi said...

Congratulations Carrie and Joseph! I hope he grows up to be like Joseph, too. And I have thought it was a boy, also--hence the blue blanket from the Nordstrom sale. Happy Birthday, Joe! It sounds like it was a good day. I'm guessing that Bentley is extra excited.

Heidi said...

How did it go with your kids?

I think that is a great way to spend one's birthday.

So since your family is 2 and 2, and Cec is the "boy" family now this means I'll be the girl family probably. Sorry ben!

Anonymous said...

A memorable birthday gift for sure! We are all cheering your good news and can't wait to meet the newest LeBaron cousin!

Krista said...

Hooray! Soooo happy for the next little boy. :) looks like a great bday with family too. Icing on the cake for sure.

Lizzy said...

YAY! What wonderful news! I am so excited Bentley is going to have a brother. What fun news! We hope he is just like Joe-we sorta love him around here. Happy Late Birthday! Congrats you two!