Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Summer 2011

I was working on our family calendar (cozi.com) all the way to June the other day and realized that summer, and long, lazy days, will soon be ours to claim. Our current week looks like this:

So very soon it will change to this:


I am excited to start filling those days with our favorite things.

Summer 2011 Bucket List:

Swimming Lessons (August at rec center)
Give B&C 5 tennis lessons (ala tennis pro Carrie)
Lagoon (with whole LeBaron Family?)
Raging Waters at least twice (3 Groupon season passes)
Hike Stewart Falls (June)
Hike Cecret Lake (August)
Hike Lisa Falls on a hot summer night (Aug)
Hike Donut Falls (July)
Hike Cascade Springs
Hogle Zoo
Poppies up AF canyon (ask Krista for details)
Backyard Camping
Rosecrest Splash Pad
Umbria Splash Pad
Liberty Park
Red Butte Gardens (June)
Lake Powell vacation (July 24-31)
SG getaway--just kiddos and me (early June)
Cabin for 4th of July weekend
Big fireworks show on 4th (Holladay or Sugarhouse Park)
Joseph's Birthday--Aug. 15th
Father's Day--June 17th
Pediatrician for 5&7 year old well visits
Dentist for all 3 (already scheduled for end of June)

What else do I need to add?


9 comments:

Krista said...

visit california. :) Oh I guess that can wait until we get there too. But I hope that will be on a bucket list sometime. Fun things to do. I've really enjoyed making a bucket list. I guess I just plain love making lists and seeing all the fun things to do. Sounds like a great summer. My summer plans...pack...and move. boo. no fun.

Heidi said...

Right now in my life summer is no different than the rest of the year, except of course the weather! It was 85 here today, and although I am remembering the humidity of the Midwest I am so excited to get out and play!

Bobbi said...

Sounds like a fun summer! I always loved going to those unscheduled but open for fun summer days. And then I loved getting back to the organization of fall and school. My schedule stays pretty much the same these days!

Joseph said...

We need to add our other groupons to the list... rocky mountain raceway and that fake skydive thing for sure!

Let's get our weekly (at least) Draper Pool on there too, and some additional cabin trips planned.

Bobbi said...

Yay for more cabin trips!

Anonymous said...

And you need to add a weekly (maybe bi-weekly) visit with us either for playdates, lunch, swimming, or whatever. Fun fun list. I may be somewhat limited in what we can plan with a baby and a toddler in the mix but we have to fit in some memorable things. Maybe we can join you on some. BYU day for sure...wait, was that even on there?

When are you going to SG? I want to go over Memorial Day weekend since Chad and the boys will be at their b-ball camp.

Anonymous said...

Let's plan a cabin trip together...so much more fun for the kiddos and us!

Flori said...

Save your June Stewart Falls hike until we get there--i think Dad traded for the cabin the weekend we're there. It would be so fun to hike it together!

Joseph said...

Flori, we're good for Stewart any time. What are the possibilities of getting your family for 1 night again when you come out? That was so good to see you guys last time.