Monday, July 14, 2008

Simple Pleasures


This weekend my hubby and I worked on our house like crazy. Who knew it needed so much organization and overall help?! We mainly tackled our basement and garage and were able to stow away a lot of clutter after getting those two spaces all figured out--so it has been rewarding but busy (and very dirty). The kids weren't all that thrilled about our "fun weekend plans" of cleaning--go figure... They did find one way to entertain themselves with 2 empty tupperware boxes--playing ship:
They remembered to pack up many key essentials. You just never know when you'll need a pirate sword...

My clever babes also 'roped' their daddy into playing "buckin' bronco" (a Smith family classic mind you. I loved playing this with my dad when I was little and getting thrown off his back time and time again. Ahhh--such good memories :)

It was hard to tell if they had any fun or not...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Buckin Bronco is the best game! And it was well deserved after all of their hard work (oh wait, I mean your hard work). Good job on organizing and cleaning. I have much to do in that area but alas, I am not getting it done. There are some benefits to having the excuse of pregnancy :-)...

Heidi said...

I love buckin bronco! WAs all this weekend work for a move preparation?

Krista said...

we missed you this weekend. mostly you probably missed hearing kai cry for about three hours straight! good job trying to get organized. we used to play "tractor" with my dad which is probably similar to buckin bronco

Bobbi said...

That brings back good memories! Good job on the organizing work--not really fun but worthwhile afterwards!