Monday, July 28, 2008

B&C in LP


There is so much to share about our Lake Powell trip this year--we had an amazing vacation filled with tons of fun activities and fun people to play with us! It turned out to be quite the memorable year for us because it was filled with so many "firsts": Caroline's very first time there, her first Sea doo ride, first banana ride for both of the kids, Bentley's first cliff jumping experience, his first time on the huge slide, and even his first try water-skiing even though it spooked him as soon as the skis were on and the boat engine running--then he wanted out...The kids also had their first "ride" on the tubes (playing on them behind the big houseboat), first LP hike with Daddio, and first "cloud-jumping" for Bentley. It was also our first year without Marshall since he is now in the midst of School of Infantry training with the Marines. That was very weird for me and I thought about him every time we played in the water and headed out on the boat for water sports--he was always ready for anything active and I missed his youthful energy.

And since I can't post all 150 of our fabulous pics, the following 100 or so will have to do :) Okay, okay--I will try to keep things simple but it is almost impossible when 1) we were in one of the most gorgeous places on earth. I may be a little biased but the rich colors and panoramic views were simply stunning everywhere I looked all day long (fellow LP lovers know exactly what I mean :) 2) I have 2 of the most darling and silly kids I have ever met and I constantly photographed their funny faces, sweet poses and daring adventures. So, now that I have justified myself, I feel ready to bring on the pics:

2008=FIRST year for all 4 of us to be in Lake Powell together (first time I've had a blue border show up around a picture too--hmm, wonder how I did that?!)

Big boys (i.e. Tye, Ben, Joe) cliff jumping

Baby boy Max cooing for the camera (notice doting Cares in the corner--she simply could not help herself from being right by the baby at all times)

First of many tube war wipe-outs (that Joseph sure plays to win--sending poor Ben right into the water)

Wow--my hubby is pretty flexible...when sheer centrifugal force takes over... (notice our houseboat in the background--we absolutely love it)

First of many tube rides for Cares and Beans

Cares and her driving/posing skills shining through

My little olympic gymnast in training

First cliff jump for Bentley!

First Lake Powell hike for both the kids

Grown-up 's only banana ride

Cutie pie Cares chillin' in the boat

Sharing popcicles--such loving siblings...

Bentley the fish! I could hardly keep him out of the water :)

Cares and Aunt Stacey

First banana ride for Beans and Cares

Inspecting baby Max and trying to get him to smile

With Grandma Bobbi when we first arrived

Classic LP sunset

Caroline's first sea-doo ride!

Putting the houseboat slide to good use (I think Bentley roped every aunt and uncle into going down the slide with him at one point or another!)

First time in the lake for tiny Max--he was very brave as long as he didn't have to feel too much water against his skin.

Oh, I could sit and reminisce about our trip for hours on end (that actually sounds ideal now that we are home and I am totally worn out from late nights playing games and watching movies and water-ski runs that worked my poor back and shoulders). What a wonderful week--how is it already over?!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun fun fun! You don't look preggie sick at all (you just look super tan)! Thanks for sharing all of the pictures...I am anxious to see the other 130 though :-).
My favorite picture is of Bentley and Caroline sharing the popsicle...too sweet!

Heidi said...

Yeah Care you are black! I love the pic of Bentley mid air jumping. He was such a brave kid this year! I always love his energy. And I always want to squeeze Cares! I am so glad we got to spend that time with you guys and your family. Sorry you felt so crummy but it means a lot to me to have you there!

Heidi said...

Oh yeah and I LOOOOVE the one of Cares doing splits over the stairs. She is such a hoot.

Krista said...

look like you guys had tons of fun. Great pics too. The water is so pretty with that pic of beans jumping in. That's super fun that both kids went this year. Maybe one day that will be like us. :)

Bobbi said...

Another wonderful week of LP memories. Your kids were such involved and happy participants in the activities and we enjoyed them immensely. Thank you for coming even though you were feeling a little rocky--it was worth it for all of us! Bean was a brave, happy, adventuresome boy, not a toddler anymore, and Cares--well, her copying of Bentley's every action and her own inimitable style are too cute to describe! Great pictures, great memories.

Bobby said...

It was so cute to see little Beans jumping into the water and Caresie doing the splits in her gymnast pose. I always love Lake Powell with the Smiths, good times. I'm pretty sure that's where Johnny invented the stupid game. Lake Powell just has a way of getting the creative juices flowing.