Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine's Day

I heart Joseph. I'm going to make a T-shirt that says that on it someday :) He is so good for me and too good to me. This morning he gave me a Valentine's mix CD with all the new songs we've been diggin' the past few weeks. I love it! And now all those songs will remind me of this year's Valentine's Day. The last time he did this for me was the week before we got engaged and I was leaving on a road trip with my family to California. The CD he sent me with had a small booklet in the front which described a memory of ours or something he loved about me for each song. I sat in the car with my headphones on and my music cranked up and reveled in every word he had written about us. It definitely made me realize that I wanted to marry him. I knew he would make me happy with his kindness and selflessness, his strong testimony, his romantic gestures, and his lovely, lovely smile that extends all over his face and into his eyes. I was right. He is my forever valentine and I love him a hundred times more now than I did back in 1999, listening to our music and imagining our future and daydreaming about that perfect smile.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your hubby is so creative and sweet! I heart Joseph as well! I am glad that he treats you well (even if he goes skiing on Saturdays). And I am glad that you are willing to share this fun CD with me...it looks like a great one!

Heidi said...

That is a great mix!! Except I don't know that Kate artist. I will have to check her out.

I remember when Joe made you that mix and that trip to Cali. I even remember the picture of little Joe on the cd (case?) he made. I thought it was so romantic he made you a mix.

The first boy to make me a love mix, I married.

Joe is a great brother in law and from what I can tell he has been a good hubby for my sis.

Heidi said...

Cec we commented at the same time, we are cool

Heidi said...

PS if you are making Cec a copy you should make me a copy so we can all bask in Joe's love for you, he he j/k. But honestly I would love a copy... I am just saying...

Carrie said...

yes sissies--you can both have copies :) I am a happy wife (most days ;) That old CD really is the cutest with that pic of Joe as a little boy and Heid said "I just want to pick him up and put him in my pocket" when she saw it!

Anonymous said...

Too funny that we commented at the same time Heid! Care, I remember the picture from that first CD and it was adorable! Bentley probably loves the cover of this new one with you both on it! I can't wait to hear it! By the way, when am I seeing you next?