Thursday, February 1, 2007

Happy Birthday Ruth Ann

Ruth Ann with Sisi and Tiago Dec. 2006
Today is my mother in law's birthday. And she just took me out to lunch! That's not how it's supposed to work Ruthie but thank you for the delicious meal and the excuse to see you today. I think I want to follow Heidi's lead this year and post an entry for each of my loved ones on their birthdays. Ruth Ann's happens to be the first of 2007 which is perfect since she started the tradition of sharing what we love about the birthday girl or boy.

Ruth Ann is naturally creative and can make delicious meals, adorable PJs, baby burp rags, and a hundred other things without even batting an eyelash. She is a loving grandma who spoils all her grandbabies with attention and special Nanny gifts. They even fight over who gets to be held next and she is always going out of her way to see them and play with them (AND let their moms and dads have date nights out!) She has passed on her incredible ability to fall easily into a deep sleep to both my husband and my son (which I am eternally grateful for!) Ruth Ann is very easy to talk to, a good listener and a true friend. She is an amazing mother and raised a big family full of silly sons (who are also quite wonderful) and happy daughters who all love, admire and respect their mom. I really admire Ruth Ann's testimony and her knowledge of the scriptures and gospel doctrine. She must really understand the words and life of Christ because she shows it in the way she embraces everyone around her with her love and friendship and always tries to find ways to serve others. I love that I am part of her family and that she asked me out for Joseph and then told him afterwords that she had a date lined up for him! Ruth Ann holds the bar high and sets an amazing example for me. I love her!! And my children adore her :)

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I love Ruth Ann too, she was a great Young women's president when I was a teen.

Why did she take you out to lunch?

johnnyboy said...

Dude,

I've met Ruth Ann a couple of times and she's seriously RAD! Thanks for posting cute pix of my baby. I almost dressed up in a skirt, brought a pump and came as maggie to lunch today.

Anonymous said...

I adore her as well! Happy Birthday Ruth Ann!