Sunday, February 4, 2007

Happy Birthday Dad


Today is the birthday of my one and only dad. I am the luckiest girl to have him in my life! I love him because he has always made me feel safe. He gives wonderfully comfy daddy hugs and he offers help and support every time I see him even if it's just to carry one of my kids out to the car when I leave. He is protective and fiercely loyal especially concerning his family (just ask Joseph!) I love that my dad is very strong and has the endurance of a horse. I love that he taught me how to throw a spiral football, to ski on any and every terrain, to take good care of cars, and to study hard in school. I think my dad is one of the most intelligent people I know and he is the most amazing doctor. I love that my dad is sincere and honest and that he loves the Savior. His testimony is deep and solid and his trials only plant him more firmly in the Lord's hands. I love his smile and the way he used to invite his girls to kiss his freshly shaved cheeks. He was the first man I wanted to marry :) I love how he tenderly holds my babies and melts with love and awe at their beauty and miraculous arrival here on earth. I love how he is still excited to see my mom every time he comes home and finds her there. He is my father and he will always hold a special place in my heart. I love you daddy!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I love that you wanted to marry him! I practically did marry him- well I cam pretty close at least in Ben. funny.

Anonymous said...

Your comments are so sweet! I should have also put in mine that he used to put his cold hands on our necks when he would come in from outside. And then he gave great foot rides. I had forgotten about the kisses on his soft cheeks. He is a sweet man...we are very blessed girls.