Monday, February 26, 2007

Happy Birthday Ethan

Will, Bentley and Ethan--December 2006
I wanted to post a special entry for Ethan since 1) this year he is 8 and that is quite a special birthday, and 2) he can read this entry--are you reading Eth? I love Ethan because he is such a good example to my little Bentley of a kind and gentle big brother. Ethan is a Hot Wheels genius, an amazing reader, a master Lego builder and a budding artist. He is goofy and energetic and way fun to hang out with. I love his rosy cheeks, long legs, soft hair, and bright blue eyes. Ethan was my very first nephew (very first grandchild in my family in fact) and I remember holding him for the first time when he was about one month old. I think I gave a little piece of my heart to him right then and there. I am so proud of the great kid he has become and that he will be baptized this Saturday. I can't wait to share in that special day with him and all the other special days in his life that will follow because of righteous choices. Have a great birthday Ethan!!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I think we all gave Eth a little bit of our hearts when he was born- he is such a special an loved kid in our family (as are all the gradnkids). He is a great example and sooooo much fun to hang out with!

Anonymous said...

I will have Eth read this tomorrow...how sweet of you to write about him. It is crazy to think that he is the oldest on both sides so he really has to set a great example for all those who follow him. He truly loves Bean and Caroline and thinks you are his other mom! Thanks for being so involved in our family's life and thank you for making the huge effort to come tonight (I know it is hard without a hubby and with two little ones). Eth loved his presents and Willy will love his once he feels better :-).