Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Powell 2

More fun in LP:
 Once the big kids were brave enough to try the slide there was no stopping them 
(love Caroline's pointed foot :)
  
 Kayaking adventures:
  
The hubby and I even escaped for a little kayaking date.
I was so sore from water-skiing that I could hardly even paddle—Joseph basically gave me a nice little tour of Gunsight Canyon while I relaxed!
 
 So still and gorgeous and quiet up there.
  
Wednesday morning we loaded everyone up and hit Antelope Marina and Cathedral Canyon:
Luke was a pretty good sport about wearing a life jacket
We happened upon this boat just across from the marina. We learned that it caught fire while a guy was refueling it. Crews towed the boat away from the marina to let it burn out and we saw the ambulance boat dock and load up a very burned man. So sad.
 Antelope Point has a fun little swimming area (it was pretty slimy/mossy but felt great in the heat!)
 Luke lounging in the shade while the kids swam
Back on our beach: 3 darling boys in matching swim shirts!
A hiking adventure with all the dads and the LeBaron kids:
My brave little cliff jumpers:
 So fun to capture these kind of shots with the waterproof camera. Good idea babe :)
A few shots of my fearless Olivia. She LOVES the water!
Until next year...


5 comments:

Heidi said...

ah that burning boat made me sick

I don't know if I have ever seen any lake powell water that still (as in your kayaking shot)

poor luke in the life jacket

Bobbi said...

More great photos! Bentley jumped from so high on the rock, and Olivia should start training for the Olympics in swimming right now! The kids were all pleasant, happy, and enjoyable. It was a wonderful time together.

Brooke said...

What fun photos! Your guys family is just as cute as ever!

Bobby said...

I LOVE these pictures. So sad about the burning boat, but I love seeing the underwater pictures.

Anonymous said...

That is a scary photo and sad story of the burning boat and man! But the rest of the pics are so great! Looks like a blast.