Thursday, August 2, 2012

Day at the Museum

Natural History Museum: 
Sitting inside a huge dinosaur foortprint
 digging up fossils in the big dig area
Just after as we wound up the ramp past these huge (amazing) dinosaur bones we ran into 2 of my Smith cousins and 2 aunts (Barbara and James/Kim and their kids) and Pam and Charlotte). I'd just seen the ladies at a bridal shower for another cousin the night before but it was fun to see James and their cute families, and to show off my darlings a little bit too.
This sand and water table was Bentley's favorite thing. He could have played in it forever! I loved how easily he joined in with the other boys there and started working with them to build dams and route water.
Gorgeous skyline from the top level of the museum. Hard to believe that Lake Bonneville used to cover that entire valley from where we were on the hillside all the way to the mid level of the Oquirrh Mountains in the background.
Natural history...astounding and overwhelming to me all at the same time

Such a grand outing for us! Luke was very sweet hanging out in his stroller most of the time we were there. We left for them museum right when he woke from his morning nap but then he didn't sleep again until we were 5 minutes from home—a long 4 1/2 hour awake stretch but he didn't make any fuss about it. And then once we were home he pounded out a 3 hour snooze in his bed... good baby! We are trying to soak up our last weeks of summer and we're lucky he's so flexible with all our adventures.


3 comments:

Heidi said...

that place looks super cool! I for sure want to go there; Luke is killing me in that photo with the siblings. such a smiley guy.

Bobbi said...

Luke is a sweet baby. I'm amazed that you get to do so much with an infant that age. The museum looks so neat, can't wait to explore it, too. Too bad I missed seeing you there--Charlotte and Pam invited me to go with them but I had too much to do around here.

Anonymous said...

This is super cool...can't wait to explore it.

I love your posers and your happy, chubby babe.