Monday, March 5, 2012

Luke's Blessing

Yesterday was a beautiful day in every way. We woke to a clear, sunny, nearly spring morning, greatly appreciated after all the snow we received earlier in the week.

Joseph gave our Luke such a tender blessing, reminding him that he was given special names to help him honor his stalwart pioneer ancestry, and remain close to his Savior throughout his life. I can think of nothing I want more for my tiny son. I love so much that Luke was surrounded by both of his grandpas, many uncles and his own loving father as he was blessed. He was a total angel during the blessing and then slept peacefully during the rest of sacrament meeting. That baby loves to snuggle and sleeps so well when he is nestled in my arms (or Joseph's, or Aunt Luci's, or Aunt Cecily's....)
We had a lovely day and felt so grateful to have family around to love and support us on Luke's special day.
 
Now he's officially named: Luke Fielding LeBaron

6 comments:

Heidi said...

Wish so much I could have been there! I am glad it was a wonderful day.

Bobbi said...

It was a wonderful day. Your baby was quiet, your husband inspired, your home attractive, and your family beautiful. We loved being a part of it.

Anonymous said...

All of it was just lovely. So grateful to have been a part of your celebration.

On a side note, how badly do my boys need haircuts? Yikes!

Maggie said...

So sweet. He is precious. 4 kids really looks like a big group in that family picture:). Love you guys.

Joseph said...

Maggie, can you believe that's only half the kids mom had? The more kids I have the more I am in awe of our parents. 8 sounds ridiculous.

Krista said...

So awesome! I'm so sorry and sad we couldn't be there. I'm so glad it was a special day and know that we love you and were thinking of little Luke. :)