Thursday, December 8, 2011

Projects

We have had a crazy week with 3 busy and fairly late nights in a row. But tonight Joseph had to work late so the kids and I were on our own, early bird schedule—dinner at 5:00 pm, in the tub/shower by 6:00, scriptures and reading done by 7:00 and then a little replay of the Home Alone "traps" portion of the movie before the girls' bedtime (I think my kids have the order of all the pranks down pat by now...) Bentley stayed up later so we could work on spelling homework and then he helped me wrap a gift for Caroline. It is always a lot of work to wrangle my kids all by myself but I do love it when we can have an early and productive evening.

Getting essential projects done is my goal every day lately but I like to have just 2 or 3 things I will accomplish and then that's all I hold myself accountable to. Today it was getting our advent activity done (dyed pasta garlands which really just turned into making necklaces with a jingle bell on them), getting the kids' teacher gifts all ready to be delivered tomorrow, and wrapping the last of my kids' gifts to put under the tree. Beans and Cares have been super wrapping helpers for cousin gifts, grandparent gifts, and things for each other so we have gotten a few wrapped and ready each day. I love to see the tree fill up with lovely packages for all our family.
 Holiday handsoap from Bath and Body Works for the teachers. 
Can you see how Cares wrote "We "wash" you a Merry Christmas" on the card she made her teacher? Totally cheesy, yes. But such a practical gift that should get a lot of use 
(and smell very cheery and bright)

Tomorrow I need to figure out the whole infant carseat thing: mine is in great condition after 3 kids but it is now more than 7 years old and sadly past its expiration date. I hate to spend money on something I already have and keep asking myself if I really need to get a new one. Articles like these seem to convince me that I do. Hmmmm, major debate going on in my head...do I need to get a new one?

And I am going to finish up this cute project I have been working on the past few days (directions and photo from this blog):


6 comments:

Heidi said...

I already gave away my infant car seat once Sadie was done since it expires in the spring. I don't feel too bad about having to buy a new one if I have two more kids. I can see not wanting to do it for one kid though. Maybe keep baby in it for just a month or so until Connor is done with his then have Cec's? Or look on KSL classifieds for a good used one.

I've been wanting to make a wreath like that, so cute.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, did you see that Heidi put Connor instead of Brigg on her comment? Glad I am not the only one who mixes them up. You totally could have mine. I am sure it expires and it does have tape holding a part of it together but if you don't want to spend the money...I am happy to give you mine. I could wash it all up for you and move Brigg into Connor's old one this week. Seriously.

The wreath looks so cute!

Heidi said...

ha ha I did mean Brigg, whoops

Maggie said...

Carrie, sounds like you got it worked out, but I could also give you Maisy's if you want it. (but mine is also borderline on number of years... ha ha I should check if it is already expired:)

Can't wait to see you guys.

Bobbi said...

The wreath looks so good!And I don't have an infant seat to loan you--only the bassinet!

Miki said...

I feel the expired carseat pain! Mine is just a tad bit easier to swallow seeing that it was all pink!