Monday, December 26, 2011

Family of 6


There is so much to catch up on—Luke's birth story, our whirlwind Christmas, life at home with 4 kids...I am just too tired each night to edit pictures and type coherent thoughts. I have to remind myself that I am still in recovery mode and there will be plenty of time down the line.

**As I look through hospital pictures I am so grateful for my 2 nights there. Yes I missed my family, a lot. But there is nothing more healing than calm and quiet and incredible nurses who did whatever I needed and took great care of me and my baby. And those nights of sending sweet Luke to the nursery so I could sleep as long as I wanted—priceless. I woke to see the sunrise both mornings but felt more rested than I have in months.


12 comments:

Heidi said...

That is such a great picture of your family!

I have yet to have relaxing experience hospital experience so I have no clue what you are talking about. Even if the baby was away, I had nurses, techs, etc checking on me and waking me up every hour. I dream of giving birth at a spa where no one bugs me at night and I can get massages and pedicures while I am staying there.

Lizzy said...

Congratulations Carrie and Joe! We are so excited your babe came early! I love the name Luke! You have such a darling family! This new little one is so lucky to have been sent to your home. XOXO

brittanydaw said...

Congrats and Carrie--you make us all jealous--look how good you look! Amazing. You are always looking great, but right after having a baby???

Anonymous said...

Heid has it right...a spa birthing experience sounds well deserved and amazing :-). I loved the quiet of the hospital stay though too and even though the nurses are checking on you so much that first 24 hours, the second night (and in Brigg's case the third night as well) are so pleasant without interruptions and a deep deep sleep.
Love your beautiful family of 6. Wow.

Heidi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heidi said...

ha ha I am reading my comment over again, dying over my writing skills (or lack thereof)

Bobbi said...

You do look terrific in that picture, Carrie, and what a beautiful family you have. I'm looking forward to getting to know this new darling little boy.

Heidi said...

Congrats Carrie! What a beautiful family!! Enjoy your sweet baby boy !

Nicole said...

Congrats!! He is beautiful!

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

You look awesome Carrie!! Congrats and enjoy your new little man!

My hubby is a Christmas day bday which makes things interesting but fun:). Luke is a wonderful Christmas gift!

Flori said...

What a sweet picture and a wonderful Christmas gift. How is Livs doing with it all? I love the nativity pic of Bentley, Cares and Luke. I just assumed it was a doll until I read the words and then did a double take--it's a real baby! :) Can't wait for more details and more pics. Miss you guys.

Megan B ♥ said...

So happy for you guys!!! such a great little present! Such a cute little present :)