Saturday, December 3, 2011

Advent Begins

Day 1: Making paper chains

Day 2: Watching Home Alone
Day 3: Hunting for elves at Gardner Village
We had a lovely mish-mash of family join us including my parents and Maddie (after they'd had Cares and MJ for a sleepover last night) and Mary and her 2 kiddos. It was pretty cold there this morning but I love anything that gets my kids outdoors and running around!

Coming up this week:
Day 4: Making sugar cookies
Day 5: Elementary school Music Program (Beans and Cares are singing)
Day 6: Swimming at the rec center
Day 7: Journey to Bethlehem (at my parents' ward)
Day 8: Making dyed pasta garlands

I haven't planned out the whole month like I usually do because 1) things always end up shifting around as unplanned events come up and 2) there could be a baby mixed in this time around and I'll definitely need to rework things if so. For now, we are taking things a week (or even a few days) at a time.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun ideas! We haven't gotten out our advent box so I am thinking we will just plan an activity a day as we go.

Thanks for letting Maddie tag along at Gardner Village today!

Bobbi said...

Thanks for letting us tag along, too.It was cold but fun.

Heidi said...

That picture of Beans and the elf is too funny, love it.

Looks chilly!

Krista said...

good idea. You never know if a baby is going to throw you for a loop...:)

Bobby said...

Haha the picture of Bentley gets me every time!