Thursday, July 2, 2009

July 1st

First things first, two small miracles of note:

1) Olivia slept from 8:15 last night until 7:45 this morning. I am remembering how glorious uninterrupted sleep is. And how much easier life is when I have experienced it...

2) My offspring are all napping. Simultaneously. Of course I had to bribe the bigger ones with promises of a late night and fun cousin sleepover at the cabin tonight if they would nap for me today. Simple pleasures, folks--that's all I ask for.

Reading the lines above has just made me laugh--my life seriously revolves around sleep!

Also, I am reading The Book Thief (excellent and beautifully written BTW) and feel compelled to adopt its style with all the listing. Maybe I need to use bold letters and more of these *** to do it justice (those of you who have read it know what I mean). The book has also made me spit out many German words during the day--and my kids laugh and laugh at me and then try to learn them too.

Random addendum: Last night was so lovely. I literally wanted to drink it up. Once the rain cleared out it felt just perfect outside. After dinner, we opened up some good old fashioned, 4th of July snappers and the kids had a hay day with them. Bentley instructed us that if we would wind our arm around and around before throwing the snapper against the cement then it would work every time. Cares kept calling the duds, "dummies."

Joseph decided to trim some branches on our cottonless cottonwood tree and then he and the kids played and played with the freshly cut pieces:







5 comments:

Heidi said...

I am loving the pics of leaf headresses.

Sleep- I am so with you. I probably think about it way too much! Hurray for Olivia sleeping so well!

Anonymous said...

WAY FUN PICTURES!!! Love the leaves and the green grass and the cute kiddos.

Sleep is not overrated. Ever.

Bobbi said...

What a lovely midsummer's evening dream you had with those darling woodland sprites dancing around your yard! And, yes, more dreaming time is sooo cherished. Glad you are getting some.

Joseph said...

Are you getting some?

ba and the boys said...

they are like tree nymphs!
congrats on the sleep-i hate the no sleeping months!