Wednesday, July 22, 2009

LeBaron Reunion

July 10-12 at a luxury Park City house we rented for the weekend

I have been feeling overwhelmed by the enormous volume of photos generated that weekend. And now that I have thoroughly looked through them I am sad that I didn't take more! I really wanted at least one, good shot of everyone for my newest Family Book for my kids (one where every relative is pictured so Bentley and Cares can keep track of all their cousins). But being the mommy of 3 children keeps me BUSY! And then when I am not busy (meaning the babes are all sleeping) I end up chatting with my sisters in law until 12:30 am--which is definitely more fun than taking pictures :)

So, now I will be checking all the family blogs and stealing/copying your best pics. Just thought I'd warn you--and implore you to blog about the weekend yourselves...seeing as how I am the only one to do so thus far...

"Let me explain. No. There is no time. Let me sum up..." --from The Princess Bride

Favorite things:

1) Tween cousins doting on Caroline and Olivia
2) Yummy food
3) Games games games
4) Everyone there--all 35 of us
(I have pictures of the whole crew courtesy of Busath photography--but I don't think I have the rights to publish any on my blog. Boo--they turned out so well!)
5) Women's book club meeting. This was a hit for me. I think we need to make it a tradition. Those LeBaron/Christensen/Braun/Gardner women are just really amazing gals. It was so enlightening to see how each of them interpreted the book and connected to it. They are a smart bunch. And a group I can easily open up to (sorry for the tears girls--who knew I would relate to a dog so much? :)

Biggest drama:

The fateful encounter between Bentley's foot and a big old sliver/thorn. That thing was really embedded in there. Poor little guy--I have never heard him cry as hard as he did while I was desperately trying to yank it out. OK--enough said. Let's see some pics already:









5 comments:

Krista said...

che brava! I will sometime soon...

Heidi said...

I love Olivia's smile in that photo! Seems she enjoyed the reunion too.

I want to hear more about this book you all read and discussed.

Bobbi said...

Cutest picture ever of Olivia! Fun times with family--hard to beat that. 35 of you--whew! And all such neat people. Glad you had a good time (except poor Bentley and the sliver).

Anonymous said...

That is one big group! I am sure Neil and RuthAnn were thrilled to have everyone together at once.

Livvy is a cheeser...so cute.

Anonymous said...

I second you on those tween/teen cousins. Aren't they fabulous!!!??? Too bad mine live in CA.