Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Village


All one has to do is add hale bales and pumpkins to any setting this time of year and I fall madly in love. This is why Gardner Village and I have a yearly affair during the month of October :) Well, there are other reasons too: cute shops, silly witches perched all around, it's free (unless I get suckered into shopping), it's close, and it's quaint. Oh yes--and there are hundreds of locations for great photos.

Krista, Sisi and Kai, and Jess and Porter met us there on Tuesday for some wandering, duck feeding, lunching, and playing tag with Bentley (well--just Sisi and Cares played along.)



Bentley was ready for pics even when the littler ones didn't pay any attention to me...


The favorite witch--she has a cat chasing a mouse
around and around under her skirt...so scandalous!

Bentley was trying to pout because our favorite store, Storybook Nook, is now closed and being turned into a doll shop.
So, I had to tickle him and laugh to get a smile out of him :)


Krista and Kai




Posing with Porter


7 comments:

Heidi said...

Yeah I have never been there either! Sounds so cute and festive.

Mariposa said...

boooo...i'm SO mad that I missed this outing! it's way lame when you're car breaks down in the middle of the intersection to the freeway and the only other alternative is a car with a flat tire. can we all go again? It looks like you guys had so much fun!!

Krista said...

your pics look WAY better than mine. I'm jealous. I hate my camera. good times there. Thanks for inviting us and we should go again. for sure mare can come then and we'll ride the animals and get all stinky. yeah!

Krista said...

ps your title made me think of the movie "the village" and I kind of got spooked thinking about it. That's a good halloween thriller for me. That's about as much scary as I can handle.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lovely day to be there! I am very excited to go once the kids are out of school so if you are up for going again, we would love to have you join us!

I was quite disappointed when I heard about Storybook Nook closing up. Someone told me that it was closing last spring...how can you not have a toy store at Gardner Village?

Bobbi said...

Beautiful time of year, beautiful kids! I love their happy smiles! I'd love to go with you, too, if you want to go again.

Kristin Sokol said...

We love that place too! You kiddies are so cute and a cute momma too. We are going next Friday. Gotta see the Witches.