Thursday, October 23, 2008

Pumpkin Patch


I know, I know. I have been blogging and blogging and blah blah blah...just one of those weeks. And I'm trying to stay on top of it all--it's hard work folks (both the playing and the blogging :)

Bentley's preschool class had a fieldtrip to the Vineyard in Orem yesterday. After rushing down there we found the place totally jam-packed and had to park down the street and around the corner. Not fun. We did find Bentley's teacher and some friends from class waiting at the entrance so we headed in together. We trudged through a pumpkin patch and into an easy little corn-maze. Bentley was having a ball running ahead with his friend Sage which really upset Caroline who couldn't quite keep up.

On the other side of the maze we found a big playground and petting zoo area. Again, Bentley was off with his school friends having a ball. It was fun to meet some kids that I have only heard about through Bentley's tales from school. However, Cares was not happy to have her brother off with other friends--it kind of broke her heart which was sweet on the one hand, but tough to manage on the other with all the tears and hurt feelings. As much as I love whining, sad toddlers, we decided to head out early--but not before Bentley chose out his very own pumpkin to take home.

Preschool pals playing around

Cares found some little ducks to cheer her up (you'll notice the tears just below her eyes if you zoom in--poor babe)

The chosen pumpkin--I think at this point both of my kids were done for the day,
what do you think?
Bentley didn't even want to hold his own pumpkin and dropped it on the ground just after this picture because he claimed it was just too heavy. We left just in time...

A fun sign in the patch.


4 comments:

Heidi said...

I am glad you have been blogging it all because each day I wonder what fun fall thing you are doing that day and then I get to read about it!! That is so sweet about Cares- she really loves her brother! Before you know it Beans will be off to real school and Cares will have a new playmate just in time!

Heidi said...

I am glad you have been blogging it all because each day I wonder what fun fall thing you are doing that day and then I get to read about it!! That is so sweet about Cares- she really loves her brother! Before you know it Beans will be off to real school and Cares will have a new playmate just in time!

Anonymous said...

Fall is the best time to take advantage of the outdoors. And you are feeling better so I don't blame you for playing as much as possible.

Poor Caresie, trying to follow along with Bean and his friends. She does need another playmate! Good thing baby is coming along...

mikemetcalf said...

I just went there yesterday with Lydia and Kate! It was all fun until Kate wet her pants (funny how 16-month-olds do that), and we realized we neglected to pack extra diapers. She got to go commando until we got back to Grandma's house.

By the way, the "light alley" is kind of a joke in my opinion. I went there every year as a child and it used to be a lot more scary. Now there's a giant moose with blue eyes. What's scary about that?