Tuesday, February 5, 2008

I Think I Can...

Yesterday was the big SYTYCD audition--scary right? Well, I grabbed some last minute courage, drove downtown in the early morning, sat around FOREVER, finally had 25 seconds to actually dance, and then it was over with a simple "thank you...next!" And that was it. But I don't have any regrets. It just turns out that in my group of 10 auditioning together there were 3 break dancers who totally rocked. We each had a brief time to show off our "tricks" and my modern dancing just doesn't compare. The 3 breakers --along with others they selected--will now perform for the "judges" on Wednesday (the stuff we get to see televised in the audition episodes). So, I still kind of DO think I can dance--even though it isn't in a flashy or trick-laden way :) And when the SYTYCD auditions air on TV, call me and I'll share the inside scoop and tell you if I met any of the finalists during my 6 hour wait yesterday. It's just so sad that none of you will get to see me dance on TV but don't dismay--I have several tapes of my dance career since the age of 8 if you are really eager to see my moves :)

Thanks for all your calls and emails concerning my "life experience" audition--I have great friends and family who make me feel very loved!!

Oh--and I did get to see Cat Deeley filming some TV segments during the big snow storm in the morning and she is just one cute girl. Fun celebrity sighting!

7 comments:

Maggie said...

Good, I'm glad you still "think you can dance", 'cause you can. I'm proud of you for trying out. It's amazing how much of who gets in really can depend on who you're with or when you are seen. So, did Joe make it? (TJK):)

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you as well. You are such a beautiful dancer and I would rather watch you in person than on some show anyway. I am glad that you "talked" to Cat for a brief moment as well. You are friends with a celeb! hahahaha

Heidi said...

Hurray I am sooo glad you did that. I don't think I can dance (I know I can't!) but I know and think you can and always love to see you do it... speaking of which its been way too long. I am of course v. excited for a new season of that show in a few months!

Jess said...

I've always thought you could dance. But I am so proud of you for trying out. I would never have the guts! I am dying to hear the DL on the contestants you met!

Krista said...

I'm so proud of you! I was waiting anxiously all day to hear how it went so thanks for calling me and giving me the info in person. I look forward to hearing the juicy details of the people you met too and see if they make it on T.V. Stay tuned. ps I figured the text message thing out. It was sent in two text messages and I only got the last part of the text at first...no wonder I was so confused. It made perfect sense when I read both. :) Sorry. I'm really not that dumb! Am I?

Bobbi said...

I am so proud of you, too! And I love watching you dance, always have. I'd be happy to watch some of those old dance videos any time.

Katherine said...

I've been thinking of you and SYTYCD. I'm so glad you auditioned. You will never regret it!!!You are awesome!!!