Saturday, February 23, 2008

Cabin Fever

We heart the new cabin! We spent our very first weekend up there over President's Day and loved everything: the gorgeous views, comfortable furniture, huge kitchen, new toys and old toys, fun cousins, snowy sledding hills, our own little primary lesson and plenty of time for playing princesses :) Cec and I even found time for a little bit of crafting making wood-burned patterns in some kid-friendly stools for the tall sinks in the bathrooms.

It was a wonderful weekend and we returned home worn-out and even a little bit sun-kissed from our playtime outside--love that sunshine against the snow!





5 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh I love those princesses! I didn't know about your craft project up there but I love it- very cabiny. I remember learning how to do that in shop in 7th grade. Mine was not so cute though. Anyway, can't wait until Ben and I can join in on cabin festivities!

Heather said...

Carrie! I lost your blog address forever but now I found you again through Heidi. I will now be able to check in more often!

Anonymous said...

What a fun weekend! I realized my camera kept using the flash so I have some weird brightness to several of my outdoor photos. But I did get some good ones that I will have to post. I can't wait to get up there again!

Bobbi said...

We are so glad that you all love the cabin--so do we! It was a wonderful week-end, full of laughter and enjoyment. We are so lucky to have found the perfect place. Great pix!

Maggie said...

So fun. I'm impressed that you could write so well with one of those wood burning devices- those can be hard to maneuver.