Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Blog Tricks

After a year of posting I am finally figuring out little blogging tricks here and there. And often it's because someone smarter and more html savvy has clued me in. Usually, I just wait until my hubby has a free moment to tinker around a tiny bit and make fabulous changes for me. My latest discovery is "post dating" my entries so that they stay in chronological order. I have been doing this with my Hawaii posts since it took me about a week to finally blog about our trip (and I'm not quite done yet :) Therefore, for anyone interested, I have new entries that just show up farther down the page--right amidst all the pictures of blue skies, sunshine, happy kids and the gorgeous islands. Ahhhhh--anyone want to go back with me--right now?!

3 comments:

Krista said...

wait, I don't quite understand. Do you mean that you have just "saved it as a draft" or how do you post date it?

Carrie said...

Krista--if I wrote an entry today about my trip to Hawaii it would show up with a default date of Feb. 13 and then wouldn't be next to my other entries. So, for journaling purposes, I can change the post date and make it seem like I actually posted about it a week ago. I can show you if you're interested--it's really easy. Does this make more sense?

Krista said...

very cool. I wondered if that was possible. Do I need to go in my settings then?