Sunday, December 2, 2007

Reno 30-11










I just spent a fabulous, way too short weekend with my little sis who lives in Reno. I must admit, we have had this trip planned for about 3 months--ever since the tour dates were posted for So You Think You Can Dance. Yes, Heidi and I joined hundreds of tweens and love-crazed girls to attend the show on Friday night (November 30--thus my cheesy title :) And we loved it!! As Heidi mentioned in her blog, it was the very last night of the tour so the cast added in a few extra dances and ad-libbed a ton of silly moments (some were fun--some were just kind of annoying...) I only wish that those amazing Mia Michael's pieces and Dimitri's samba for Lacey and Danny lasted much longer than 3 minutes because they were so entertaining and so technically accurate that I completely loved watching them performed live. Wow--too much fun!

Before the show on Friday, Heidi and I had lunch at a very chic little spot downtown, mulled around Target looking at baby registry items and Christmas present ideas, and then painted our nails black to add a little spice to our girls' night out. After the show, we headed home, ate some Oreos and milk, and then hit the sack. I was so excited to sleep in a quiet room and big bed without busy little children to wake me up at the crack of dawn (ah--the simple pleasures I yearn for as a mom :) And so, I slept in until 9:30 in the morning. It was fabulous to say the least!

On Saturday, I had to be back at the airport just about 24 hours after I had landed--boo. But there was one bonus--I saw Lauren from SYTYCD just hanging out with randoms at my gate before my flight left! Tons of passengers took pics with her and asked her all of these questions about the cast and the tour and who is dating who while I intently listened in while pretending not to care :) BTW--she said Sabra and Kameron became a couple during the tour ;) Anyway, I loved my Friday night away, and loved coming home to my cuddly, smiley kids and sweet, sweet hubby.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, you guys are too cute! I am sad to have missed out on the tween craziness :-)! Actually, I am only envious that you two got to hang out but so glad that you did...I kept thinking about you guys and wondering what you were up to! The pics are so fun of the dancing and of you silly girls!

Heidi said...

NO way Sabra and Kameron- I love the gossip! That was soooo much fun thanks for coming sis. When we get together it's like we revert back to when we were little sissies growing up together, it was the best!

Maggie said...

Too great. You guys are so silly and funny. Looks like you had a ball.

Krista said...

way fun. I don't see any pics on your blog did you take them off? Don't be embarrassed! :)

Krista said...

hmmm. something is totally wrong with my blogger. I can see my blog with pics but not yours....I take back the embarrassed part.

Bobbi said...

You two were looking fab for your evening with the dancing celebs. Yes, the Mia Michaels pieces would have been the best of all--so fun that you got to see them. Sabra and Cameron--that's a surprise! So funny that you acted cool but were loving hearing it all. I know Heidi loved having company visit her, and especially one of her sisters.