Monday, January 22, 2007

The Windy City

Oh Chicago--what a lovely place! I traveled there for a quick weekend with my parents and Joseph back in October of 2000 and it was wonderful so I was excited to return this past weekend. Accompanied by Cecily (my big sis), Catherine (Cec's sister in-law) and Melinda (Chandler's cousin's wife), we had a busy and fabulous weekend doing all the best girly things! We ate delicious Chicago style pizza, shopped until we literally dropped, and saw one of the best musicals ever--Wicked (as I mentioned last post). We laughed about how much pizza we ate, how often we took short cab rides to avoid the cold, cold wind, how silly we looked in dresses and winter socks in the H&M dressing room (except that the dresses alone were quite cute!), how hungry we were at Grand Luxe Cafe at midnight, and how organized we had to be packing all our new purchases into our little suitcases. We also had fun with the camera timer and posing in our PJs on Friday night. Of course we got ready for bed when it was already quite late but then couldn't resist chatting away until after 2:00 am. It was just so much fun! Thank you to all of the husbands for secretly planning such a huge surprise for us and letting us all enjoy each other while you watched the children. Ahhhh, romance is certainly not dead!

5 comments:

Heidi said...

You guys all look so cute and that trip sounds like it was a blast! I love that you took a picture in pj's. Girl time is so fun. Hopefully I can join you guys on a girl trip next time (O wait I am, for Vegas- wahoo!!)

Anonymous said...

I heart Chicago! I am still on a high from that fun trip! Your pics turned out so well and you better believe that my blog will look the same (once I write about Chicago)! It makes me excited to think that we are going away with the Smith girls in April!

aSHleY said...

I am so excited you got to see Wicked. I think everyone needs to see it. I will be seeing it for the 3rd time in June. I love it. What a fun girl trip.

Katherine said...

Joe wins husband of the year award! (via Chandler, of course!) What a fantastic trip for you girlies! I always dream about taking great girl trips but the reality of making it happen is always complicated. What lucky ladies to have husbands that know how to make it work! Hooray for Wicked! I haven't seen it yet, but I have heard nothing but rave reviews. Cheers to fun with girls, broadway musicals, and great food!

Catherine said...

I LOVE it! What a cute post. I'm sending it to Tony. Thanks for the pics. What fun we had.