Thursday, January 25, 2007

What a Girl Wants


Have I ever mentioned that having a daughter is the best? Not only is my Caroline sweet and smiley and ever so dainty, she is so fun to shop for! Yesterday I bought her a new swimsuit and terrycloth cover-up. Yes, it is crazy of me since it is only 33 degrees outside but I couldn't resist. She modeled it for me today (very modestly as you can see!) and was having a jolly old time. Better to have her trying on a swimsuit this time of year than me!

In Chicago I found some very girly spring/summer dresses for her too. She'll probably hate them as she gets more and more mobile and tries to crawl around in them but at least she'll look cute--an essential thing for any girl.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

I don't think I can handle her cuteness and daintiness, I am obssesed with her! That smile, pose, holding the car, everything.

So fun to shop for a girl. I want a boy as my first but then I know if I had a girl first the shower would be much more fun- girls clothes rock!

Carrie said...

You're so fun Heid--you always comment so quickly after I post! And yes, a girl shower would be filled with wonderful girly things but there are actually some pretty adorable boy things out there as well these days. I am LUCKY to have both!! so different--equally mushable :)

Bobbi said...

What a little doll! Sorry she isn't feeling great with the teething. That's a big change from her usual happy attitude. We are all so glad you brought her into our family!

Anonymous said...

I love that little girl! And I am forever indebted to you for giving Maddie a girl cousin that is close to her in age! I hope they will be dear friends, just like we are!