Thursday, January 1, 2015

Lovely Christmas Day


 
 The best morning of the whole year! 
Livs is my most organized little thing and she wanted to set up her gifts just so before I got a picture of her.

 
 This picture cracks me up but somehow it's the only one I have of Luke that morning. It actually captures him well playing with Livs' Frozen castle but with his new full set of Frozen characters in it. He's my only child that has had zero problem hanging in his unders or with his shirt off (usually between trying on different dress-ups) but you'd never know it was a snowy wonderland outside with this bare body!
  Cares wanted a picture wearing her new clothes and while her doll Isabelle wore her new outfit too.

The morning brought tons of new snow so after presents and cinnamon rolls we all bundled up and went out to shovel the driveway and play in the fresh powder. Later in the afternoon my parents stopped by to check out new gifts and hang with our little family for a bit.

 Bentley the Lego master showed them one of his new arctic Lego sets.
In the right corner of the picture there are remnants of my fun Christmas surprise: the kids and Joseph chose out fun mom things to fill up my stocking :) I got some yummy chips, brand new sharpies, deodorant, chocolate and magazines. I love that the kids helped Joseph choose out a few things from the grocery store that they knew I'd love--made my heart feel so happy!

We ended our night watching Home Alone 2 and eating our favorite snack. 
Luke calls it "potcorn" which we all adore.


Livs was determined to sleep in her new tent in her room that night so I got the huge european square pillows off my bed and set her up on those. She fit pretty snugly but she stayed in there all night and had a great rest. This is a tent made by Our Generation from Target and it was her Christmas present from my mom and dad. Olivia spied it back in October and made me text my mom about it right then knowing she really wanted it. It's had tons of use so far and we love that it fits dolls and girls for lots of fun playtime. We moved it up to the toy room the next day and I nabbed a picture of it all set up:



1 comment:

Heidi said...

What a fun little tent!