Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Merry Christmas Eve


 
 Christmas Eve 2015: Smith, Horsley and LeBaron kids with my parents and Sam the cat :)


With Nanny and Neil gone for another Christmas Joseph and I repeated our plan from last year and had all the LeBarons over to our house in the morning for brunch and exchanging gifts (we now just trade names for a family and find something for the whole crew to enjoy) and singing Christmas carols. This has been a great tradition — not sure what we'll do once Ruth and Neil are back but maybe they'll just have to be the ones to entertain us all at their home again :)

 And then it was over to my parents' house for our beloved Christmas Eve. We began with lot of pictures because it was a nice balmy day (warm before an excellent snowy storm) and everyone was all dressed up: 

My sweet babies (plus Bentley's awesome green socks!)

Tye's family

Cec's family

my festive little family

We had dinner and hung out for a bit before getting the children ready for the nativity:


 I love this shot of Ethan the donkey actually giving Mary a ride as part of the scene — too funny (and also very sweet as Cares loved it!)


My kids adore that baby Stanford and wanted to make sure he was happy



  After the nativity we exchanged gifts. These kids are always well-taken care of by my parents and they get the funnest things!

 We gave my parents a book filled with all our Hawaii pictures and memories. It was so much fun to create and remember those happy days in that stunning place. We truly loved the undivided time with my parents too (some screen shots of sample pages):



Being together is the true highlight of the night though

 Like Thanksgiving, it had been years since Marshall joined us so I made us get a group pic of the adults.

 And then we did a silly one which only half of us were silly for but I thought it was way funny! I love laughing with my family.

 We made it home around 8:30 that night with just enough time to set out stockings, change into PJ's and grab this happiest picture before getting our sugar plums to bed. These kids fill my heart with so much love!! And they also make every holiday gloriously fun.



























2 comments:

Bobbi said...

I love every one of these photos! And our family. And Christmas. The nativity is always so sweet and funny and touching. The gift of the Hawaii memories book is a treasure, as are our memories of that perfect, amazing trip with your family. I have read the entire book about 20 times in the few weeks since Christmas, and will a zillion more. Thank you, thank you!

Heidi said...

Love seeing the joy of christmas in your kids faces in that last pic!