Tuesday, October 21, 2014

LeBaron Halloween Party

 

Luke adores princesses, we all know that, and he especially loves Elsa and Anna (my little Frozen loving baby) but somehow in talking about Halloween this year he got so excited to dress up as little Kristoff. I was surprised at how eager he was but Olivia loved the idea of being Elsa and Luke being Kristoff so I'm sure she talked him into pretty well with her sweet mothering voice she loves to use with him :) 

 

It was no easy task to make these Kristoff costumes (Joseph was Kristoff too :) come to life but luckily I have such a handy husband. He can see an image of a costume and find all the pieces and details to make it work and then just tell me where and what to sew. We made such a mess trimming the fur linings but they ended up looking awesome so I 'm glad we included then. In the background of the pic above you can see Joseph's handiwork in painting an Anna shirt for my costume. Ideally I wanted our whole family to be Frozen characters but my oldest two were completely not interested!

Our little Frozen family!

Since Nanny and Neil have been gone we have been trying hard to do family dinner once a month and trading around which sibling is in charge. Mary and Seth were in charge of October and made sure it was our annual Halloween get together. Since we are huge we met at a park near their house (something we did all summer and fall when we met and it worked perfectly! Winter won't be as easy but I know we can at least all fit in my house!)






All the local LeBaron cousins (minus baby Finn who was sleeping in his carseat and little Addie). Can you spy Bentley? He seriously blends in so well in his all black costume!

We had dinner on the picnic tables at the park, had lots of yummy Halloween treats, and even had the kids eat donuts on a string which is always funny and totally messy and they love it! Mary put up the cute backdrop for our pictures that night and we stayed until it was officially dark before wrapping it up. Did I mention it was a spectacular fall evening and so warm that I could not bear to wear my tights or cape for much more than the pictures!

Also I'm in love with this little Elsa girl :)


1 comment:

Heidi said...

I was so impressed with You guys costume making skills!