Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Spooky Smiths 2014

 Somehow, on the day of our party, it worked out just perfectly for me to get the kids' things all packed up and set out, and then ride my bike to Cec's where I met my dad on his bike. From there he and I rode together over to my parents' house. I've been wanting to make that full ride for a few years but it finally worked out. And like so many days this fall, it was beautifully warm with lovely fall leaves all around. We were on our final mile or so along Walker Lane when I nabbed this picture.

And then it was time for our annual party. We were able to get Tye and his fam up here this year to join us as well as celebrate Mason's birthday. Love these crazy cousins hanging out together! They have the best time and enjoy my parents' yard and house so much.

So Livs ended up as Anna because this mama was not nearly as organized and I had hoped before I left on my ride :( I was going to pack Olivia's costume before I left but didn't want it to get mashed up and wrinkled with the others. I left it in her closet to grab just before the party, but didn't tell anyone they needed to get it. Oops. Luckily (seriously luckily!) my mom has an Anna costume and Olivia was remarkably fine with wearing that for our party. I never know with her!


 Our family at the party. Funny to have two little Frozen couples, young and old :)


Cares and tiny Stanford. She and Maddie adore that little guy and kept taking turns holding him.


 
 The Horsley kiddos. Eth borrowed Joseph's Batman costume which is just so crazy to me. How is he big enough to fit in that just fine?

Some of our yummy treats. I made the spider-webs but they were less than sturdy and so I don't think I'll do those again (even though they were cute :)

 Joseph's design for our veggie tray

 Twinners on the hayride

And happy, happy times at the neighbors' house with their massive haul of golden leaves.




1 comment:

Heidi said...

Im glad Liv was go with the flow, such a fun party always