Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Tuesday

 
Luke is on his 2nd marathon nap today. This morning he thought he wanted to wake up at 4:00 am so I woke Joseph and made him pop Luke's bink back in. The baby then woke at the more reasonable time of 6:30 am. It's so pleasant for me to nurse that sweet boy and slowly wake up while I close my eyes, rest my head against my bed and feel Luke's sturdy but small body perfectly snuggled in my arms. The whole house was up and at it by 7:15 and then the babe was in bed again just after 8:00 am. And I didn't hear from him until 11:15! Now he is sleeping again and has been doing so for 2+ hours. The tiny must really be growing. I will have to feed him tons while he is ever awake today!

With such a sleepy babe I have gotten so much done: cleaned my bathroom this morning, organized all my bathroom drawers, started 4 laundry cycles and folded/put away 3 of them (1 was just the rugs from my bathroom but they are now are fluffy and fresh on my clean tile floor!) fixed the girls' lunch (Bagel Bites/Go-gurts) and my lunch (chicken croissant sandwich and acine de pepe), filled the dishwasher and picked up many stray toys and shoes and baby things.

I have also nearly finished reading NieNie's new book on loan from my mom. The story is familiar from following her blog and her sister's blog during the whole ordeal, but I am still reminded to relish every little mothering task I can accomplish as I read about her inability to do so, and more so, her sincere and aching desire to just help button her daughter's coat or make her family a meal. Her hope to again feel useful and fulfilled as a mother is so good to read about. I am grateful for reminders that my daily routine as the mommy of 4 is such a blessing—it really is my privilege to love and serve my family and it brings me so much happiness. I am so lucky.

On another note entirely, I taught the combined Young Women on Sunday about keeping a personal record. It made me so happy to pull out old journals and reread so many of my memories. Of course some entries were just silly or classically "teenager" but there are some very real things in there too which I am glad I captured—especially the days of falling in love with Joseph LeBaron, going through the temple for the first time, becoming a mother, working in callings I felt so inadequate to have, and stretching myself with challenging academic goals, many moves to several homes and wards, and goals professionally, physically and spiritually. I am also so thankful for this blog which has basically been my journal for the past 6 years or so. It has been the perfect place to write about my life and include pictures all in the same place.

My lesson inspired me to start writing in a personal journal again (easy to do with my new app: One Day) where I feel totally free to write the thoughts in my heart and where I can (hopefully) work out my struggles and worries through writing—the way I used to in my handwritten journals. My blog is a great family log and fun way to connect to dear ones far away but there is a lot I'd like to record just for me. I'll have to see how well I can do both.

Some pics from the past few days:
My boys in the tub
Bentley mostly showers these days but if I need help with the baby in the tub then I sometimes let him sneak in some bath time.

 Caroline's lovely spring hair
My sleeping girl
 
The new ride along bike trailer
 
Beans in Luke's onesie!
 
Beans in Luke's crib!
 
Mommy Caroline
Livs creation in my hair
Olivia playing princesses while I fed Luke

**It is now nearly 9 at night and Luke is again going on a 3 hour snooze. I will have to wake him up and feed him soon or I will surely feel too full of milk in the middle of the night. Such a sleepy babe today. All that rolling is such hard work :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this post! Great glimpse into your daily life! And yay that Luke slept so well yesterday...makes it easier to do the work around the house.

Can Livs come do my hair?

Heidi said...

ah love good nap days!

I am laughing too hard at Beans in the onesie.

I totally want to start journaling, I need to have a more personal record of my life, mostly for me. I will have to check out that app.

Bobbi said...

I, too, love these snapshots from your life. Funny Bentley,sleepy Luke,cute Livs, and lovely Caroline. And all your industrious accomplishments while still being a busy mom--isn't it satisfying?! Love those long naps. And thanks for coming over last Sunday, we were so glad to have you here!