Saturday, May 19, 2012

Pajama Party!

Caroline's Birthday Party

It was great fun planning and getting ready for this little party. Last year I felt so very sick with my brand new pregnancy that I could hardly pull off anything for my May birthday babies. But what a difference a year makes—and tons of Pinterest inspiration too :)

We had some cousins and school/ward friends over for a "late night" pajama party (only lasted until 8:00 pm). The night started with coloring pillowcases with fabric markers. Anyone who knows my Cares knows she loves crafty projects like this:


Then we gathered the girls up on the "cozy zone" for story time:
Fancy Nancy and the Late, Late, Late Night
 
 And then it was time for lots of sugary treats!
 

Cares is totally in love with donuts of all kinds—especially the white powdered ones. I wish I'd snapped a shot of her once she'd eaten a few because she had white powder from her chin to her cheekbones! Too cute.

Of course we had to do some more creating before the party ended. The girls decorated some little handmade sleeping masks with colorful gemstones. They were all so unique and pretty!
  Sleeping poses
 Diva poses

I must say that I really loved having all those darling girls over for the evening. They were polite and sweet and so friendly with each other, and so giggly and funny. While eating donuts they were all suddenly singing the little song about girls and boys sitting in a tree "k-i-s-s-i-n-g!" They were squealing and laughing and it was just so cute and silly. Just compared with Bentley's crazy, loud, super active friends, these girls were a lovely change :)
Favor bags for the girls to hold their pillowcases, sleeping masks, gumballs, and some bright blue flashlights!

 Thanks sis for being Luke's baby whisperer last night, thanks to Ruth Ann for arriving just in time to help all the girls with gluing their sleeping masks, and thanks to my hubby who designed invites and name tags, took great pictures and helped with everything all night. And thanks to my lovely little Caroline for being such an enthusiastic party planning assistant and all around wonderful daughter!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

So darlig and fun- I want to attend that party! I am especially dying over livs in every shot acting like such a big girl like the rest.

K now I need to go buy and eat some donuts.

Krista said...

Cutest party ever! Loved all the great ideas and crafts and yummy treats. You made it look so cute. Happy birthday caresie!

Anonymous said...

That was a really fun and sweet party! You made it so cute too and we are so glad we could be a part of it!

Bobbi said...

Great job, Carrie! The party looks immensely fun, and I am sorry to have missed it. Lucky Caroline to have such a devoted and creative Mother!