Thursday, April 26, 2012

Tulips

 
We dropped by the Tulip Festival yesterday. Although the sun wasn't out for much of the morning, it was still a pretty warm day and the flowers were as bright and striking as ever. Our crew of "littler" kids had a great time together running all around and enjoying the open gardens. Bentley has been performing in a play at school for the past few days or else I would have pulled him out to join us. I ended up getting Caroine to Kindergarten about an hour late but we planned to take our time and knew we'd be late so we could enjoy cousin and grandma time.
I love the perfect order of the world and the rebirth of all that is living and vibrant every, single spring. After winter's colorless cold it feels amazing to see so many blooms and green grasses and leafy trees. I went for a run the other night and stopped at least 3 different times to reach my face up into blossoming trees and smell the soft scent pouring out of them. It actually made me feel a little giddy, and grateful for so much beauty all around me.


5 comments:

Heidi said...

Spring is so lovely, the tulips and all of you look great!

Anonymous said...

I love all of these pictures! Please email them to me!!!

That was a fun outing and the gray skies actually made for some beautiful photos. Glad it didn't rain on us.

Krista said...

Perfect day for photos when there isn't the harsh light. :) Great job. I love the tulip festival. I think that is so fun to do with family and cousins. :)

Bobbi said...

The beauty of both lovely nature and cherished faces was delightful. I loved being there with all of you!

Bobbi said...

And you did get some beautiful flower photos, especially the dark purple tulips. Nice job!