Saturday, February 18, 2012

Olivia is 3

Dearest Most Darling Olivia--

Happy Birthday 3 year old girl! What a big girl you seem like these days; cooing over tiny Luke and saying "it's okay, mommy's here," hiking all the way to the Hidden Pinyon Overlook yesterday all by yourself, getting registered for preschool starting in August. Big accomplishments for my not so little lady.

I truly love everything about you Livs; the way you rub your nose with your tattered pink blanky just as you're falling asleep, the way you brush your blonde bangs out of your face all day long because you hate to leave any sort of hairdo in, your cute little scratchy voice and the way you read scriptures with us repeating such big words, how happily you play with Cares and enjoy all things girly with her.

You have had a big year rocking the whole potty training thing like a superstar and popping into a big girl bed without any troubles. You are still working on communicating when you are bugged by the kids or need help—screaming out is not the best way to get what you need...

Thanks for having a birthday right when we needed a getaway this weekend and for helping us remember that we're here to celebrate. On our walk yesterday we were down the street nearing the river and I told everyone it was probably time to head back home. You piped in and said "yeah, we better go back to St George for my birthday." Too cute. I love you pretty girl and all your vivacious running, playing, laughing and speaking. You make our life so full and so fun! Hope you have a happy day sweet Livvie Lous!

All my love,
Mommy


a little video from our hike

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Happy birthday Livs! Max sure liked watching that video with me and he is upset with me that he didn't yet make her a "thank you" card (he means a birthday card). We'll send one soon

Anonymous said...

I feel like Livs is Connor's twin, even though their birthdays are 5 weeks apart and she isn't my child! We love her so much and she is for sure Connor's preferred friend.
Happy Birthday sweet girl!

Ruth Ann said...

I was reminded of Maggie saying "look how cool this is and then dropping 40 ft. I'm glad sweet Liv's and kids didn't do a history repeat. Ruth Ann