Friday, May 7, 2010

20 Minutes

We had one of those nights last night: Cares crept into my room at 3:20 am and asked me for more water. On solid auto-pilot I refilled her cup, tucked her back in bed, and easily drifted back to sleep in my own bed. At 6:10, miss sunshine again crept into my room to inform me she'd "had an accident." I woke up in a daze and without turning on any lights I changed her bedding while she independently changed her undies and PJ's. Again, I tucked her into bed and wandered back to my room--that time it was much trickier to fall back to sleep. And Cares was subsequently up for the day, chatting in her room, organizing her animals, then turning on her light and outright playing. I could hear her off and on and then at 7:00 she marched into our room and announced she was awake for the day. Joseph slipped out with her and I finally fell back to sleep for almost an hour...a much needed hour at that point.

At any rate, the girls are both napping right now while Bentley is at school. And I can't shake the feeling that I should be on the treadmill or preparing dinner or planning my lesson for Sunday! But no, I am blogging--one of my favorite ways to unwind and feel very much relaxed. It is never a chore but one of the things I really enjoy and love to carve out time for--can you tell? And just before this I took a solid 20 minutes to sit out on my back porch and read my brand new Real Simple (arrived in the mail yesterday!) Heaven sent I tell you because it is all about garage organization and we have our own garage clean-up planned for Saturday (if we can fit it in between a ward mother's day breakfast, cabin clean-up in Sundance and Bentley's soccer game...) Because of the article I just read I now feel very passionate about painting at least one wall in our garage a vivid color (babe--what do you think about that?) And I think I need an orange hose too (green is so boring!)

Check out the entire garage article here if you please.

6 comments:

Krista said...

so agree with the unwind with blog time. so wish I had a garage to organize. Have fun. And yes, painting it a fun color would be much more exciting. good luck. do before and after pics okay. :)

Heidi said...

Yay I just got my Real Simple too and now am excited to read it. Love the orange wall in the garage idea (and hose too). I can definitely see Joe going for that too.

I also love blogging and don't see it as a chore. But I do go through phases where I feel I have more to blog about and then less.

PS- do you watch tv while you run/bike or listen to music? If you do music I have a fun new song for your playlist- Justin Bieber's Baby. I am sure you know of him since you work in YW's.

ba and the boys said...

there isnt enough orange in the world-i say get the orange hose!
cant wait to hear your lesson sunday-they are always the best!

Anonymous said...

Love the orange wall. And the orange hose idea. I am looking at my Real Simple sitting by me on the desk and need to dive into it. Sad to say, I am 3 issues behind on my reading though but this looks too good to pass up for now. Maybe I will go through it while Chad and the kids are at the driving range.

So glad you blog often. I have found it a chore as of late but I think it is because I am SOOOOOO behind. I do want to catch up and I will, but after I catch up on all the shows I missed while we were in Maui. And maybe after I read my Real Simples. LOVE that magazine.

Joseph said...

Babe. Tonight we got orange paint. REALLY orange. And garage hooks. What could go wrong?

Bobbi said...

Very festive and cheery. I was complimenting your idea to Sherm and he was, "Huh? Why would you paint a garage?" They are so boring, a wall of bright paint is a fun idea. I love reading your blog--you'd think I lived far away from all of you as much as I enjoy posts from any of you! I love to blog, too, unless it is catch-up, then it becomes a chore. I am glad to have the record, though, an easy scrapbook and journal in one.