Friday, July 20, 2007

Saving Money


I don't understand why my husband doesn't get it. It seems fairly simple. If I buy something at the regular, retail price then I am spending money. But if I buy it on sale, and can clearly see the huge savings, then I am saving money. Seems simple enough, right?! Well, according to my logic (skewed as it may be) I saved TONS of money today! It was the annual Nordstrom Anniversary sale and I met my mom and sister at the crack of dawn in order to find the cutest clothes in the right sizes and for the right price.


We met for lunch at Paradise Bakery after all of our hard work at the sale (we had been on our feet for over 4 hours...). Can I just say that I love that place? Cec and I missed it so much when we moved up here from Phoenix and now they are springing up all over the Salt Lake valley--yay!


Of course we had to get the kids in on the action after we sent the babysitters home by getting them to try on all of their new clothes. Bentley wasn't very excited about the idea and as soon I put pants or long-sleeves on him he just begged for his shorts or t-shirt back on (boo Bentley--that's no fun!) The little Horsley trio ruled the runway though and looked awesome in their new outfits. Caroline let me dress her up easily enough but she was so busy and always moving around (she had just woken up from a long morning nap) that it was hard to grab a great photograph. But boy did her little one-year-old body look absolutely adorable in her stylish toddler clothes!


What a long day--I have been up and going since 6:00 am. I am worn out and ready to go to bed. Is it wrong that I feel like I need continue checking out the sale online and making sure there isn't anything I missed? Or at the very least, see if there's any more money I should be saving??

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so much fun saving money together! It was a great day. I am thrilled about our purchases and can't wait to wear lots of orange tops this fall! Heid, good luck shopping tomorrow! I hope Sacramento has super great finds!

Heidi said...

Guess what? there is a Paradise Bakery in the mall at the Nordstrom I am going to and I have been planning on going all week after the sale, I love that place and wish it was in Reno!

Also, cute clothes, I love Cares bootie in that little sweatsuit.

Fun day, I wish I could have been there!

Bobbi said...

What a FUN and "wearing" day! The fashion show was as random and delightful as ever, and Grandpa Sherm enjoyed it on this blog last night. We missed you, Heidi, and hope you get good things today in Sacramento. I think Ben won't be nearly as fun as we girls are!Carrie, thanks for the pics! I love the stylin' big boys, the demure Maddie, oblivious but cute Cares, and the uncooperative but trying to be like the big boys Bean. So typical! Thank you for the delicious and welcome lunch. It was a pleasure helping you save money!

Krista said...

Fun shopping day! You are awesome to brave the crowds. I can't handle it and therefore I don't "Save Money." Sad. :( Cares does look super cute in her outfit with her cute diaper bum!