Sunday, July 15, 2007

Cool Canyon

I think we drove for 20 minutes last night. A mere 20 minute drive up Big Cottonwood Canyon and we had relief. I honestly think it was 30 degrees cooler up there and it felt amazing. Joe and I spent the evening hanging out with all the SLC LeBaron siblings. We set-up camp chairs near the river at the Donut Falls trail-head and sat down for Cafe Rio dinner in the gorgeous mountain air. Around 8:30, we were all a little too chilled to stay put and we drove back to the heat of the city. After the heat of the day today, I am eager to head into the mountains again. But next time, I'll bring a warmer sweatshirt, wear pants instead of shorts, and bring my tiny munchkins along so they can throw rocks into the river and splash in the water.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Where were the tiny munchkins during this? I loved living by the canyons in SLC and making a quick excursion for some heat relief

Carrie said...

we left the kiddies home with a babysitter. Beans loves to have YW in the ward come play and if he is happy, Caroline doesn't get too worked up about us leaving. They would have loved it up there though--so we'll take them up soon!

Anonymous said...

Hilarious that we were about 100 yards from you that evening and didn't even know it! Our kids loved throwing rocks in the river and we all enjoyed the cooler air. I know we will be making more excursions to the canyon this summer~how we would have truly appreciated something like that in Phoenix...but alas, no cooler canyons within city limits.

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Great to get the update on your little family. I can't believe how much Caroline looks like you--so crazy and fun! This is Meg Holman and I found all of the "Smith" blogs in a round about way. I love that you all blog, even your mom--she is awesome! My blog is jrmegmeadowsfamily.blogspot.com. Hope all is well!