Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Irresponsible or Irresistable?

We had so much fun last night. Joseph took me on an unexpected date night during which we had dinner at Tepanyaki, did some shopping at old navy, and then went to see Michael Buble. I loved it! His voice is just so rich and so powerful that it resonated everywhere. And his songs are either old classics or popular new ones--all of which are so easy to sing along to and super easy on the ears. I guess MB is pretty easy on the eyes too :) He seems like such a normal, regular guy who happens to be an amazing singer and one witty, charming performer.

My favorite songs of his are "Home" and "Everything" both of which he sang last night. But in the packed theater of 6,000 fans cheering him on, I also loved "Save the Last Dance," "Feelin' Good," and "New Day." Actually, all of his songs were incredible--he was right on with every note and every key change (plus, he hit the low notes well while pulling out tons of sassy moves and facial expressions--too fun!) Heidi captured the essence of his performance perfectly in her review of his show in Reno last week (which is quoted on MB's website right now--awesome!!)

I think I fell in love with Michael Buble's music because my husband sings his songs around me so often. Last fall, Joseph had MB's self-titled album playing in his car for several days in a row. He'd come home from work, pick up his tiny, adoring fans (namely Cares and Beans) and dance around with them singing "Moondance" or "Come Fly Away." They'd squeal with laughter wearing huge smiles on their faces, and I got to relish in the sound of Joe's amazing voice, mixed with delightful laughs and coos, filling our home. He also sang "Fever" to Caroline during some of her fussy evenings as a newborn--funny song for a lullaby but when Joseph sang it slowly, the rich melody sounded very soothing. His singing almost always calmed her down and she'd just stare up at him as he sang and rocked her. I love music that can do that!

check out my live shots of Michael--I have some video too but I'm not sure how to post it. Plus, it's just not the same to see him move without his music to back it up!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Care- that last shot is really good of him. And you look super cute. Whoever gave you that purse is the coolest.

I am sooo glad you saw him perform. I was so enchanted with his voice and loved his silly personality. Such a great show and fun to sing along. Did you know he co-wrote "Everything" about his gf, Emily Blunt?

Carrie said...

I LOVE my purse!! And that's so cute about his GF. I kept wanting to shout out last night "how's Emily?" but he wouldn't have heard :) Makes that song even better to me!

Anonymous said...

Jealous of your fun night (but way happy for you to have a surprise date night seeing MB). You do look so cute and the pictures of MB are really good...how did you get your camera to take those?

Krista said...

I'm so jealous too! Finally I can comment while I'm not feeding Kai while reading a blog. It's no fun to type with one hand! Johnny and I think you got some awesome shots of MB on stage. Hopefully this will remind Johnny to take me somewhere fun too. :)