Tuesday, July 31, 2007

10 Things...











...I loved about Lake Powell this year:
  1. Tag-team tube wars
  2. Tye's scoring system for them (i.e. "transfer bonuses" and "self-sacrifice bonuses")
  3. Breakfast burritos and bruschetta
  4. Lightning storms over Antelope mountain each evening
  5. Random, drunk, "swingers" neighbors joining our campfire
  6. Perfectly glassy, early morning waterskiing water
  7. Michael Buble's new CD frequently playing in the background
  8. Exploring West Canyon slowly and safely and Captain Sherm saying "We are going slow but if you think you can swim faster you are welcome to get out and try."
  9. Team crossword puzzle solving
  10. Gorgeous views everywhere I looked and great company all around.














The one thing I didn't love...missing my sweet kids and wondering how they were doing each day: if they were napping well, eating well, playing nicely together, and if Bentley had finally pooped after 2 days of holding it in. Yes--these are the woes of a parent!

Click here for Heid's LP 07 slideshow and here for Bobbi's version in prose.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your cliff jumping picture is the best! Although the shot of silly Joe in the water is a close second. The list is a great way to capture the fun memories and I can for sure imagine Tye's scoring system...he is too funny.
Looks like a blast! We are thrilled to have you back to play though!

Krista said...

looks like tons of fun. what was joe so excited about? that ball tube is crazy. was it a lot of fun? I also love the sunsets and evenings at powell. happy training today. we'll be thinking of you.

Heidi said...

Cute post! Fun memories. Now I am craving a breakfast burrito (and more Lake Powell time of course)!

Heidi said...

O yeah and that cliffjumping picture is hilarious- I still laugh each time I see it. I love my silly sis!

Bobbi said...

Great pictures, Care, and a good list. It was such fun to be together in that beautiful place. Is that cliff-jumping picture yours or Heidi's? The shadows look like petroglyphs, they are so defined and still. A fine photo! I can't wait for next year already.