Sunday, April 29, 2007

Smith Girls 2007


I am home. And I was ready to be home. But it felt so carefree and indulgent to get away for a few days with my sisters, sister-in-law, and mom. We spent the weekend at my parent's vacation home in St George and spent all of Friday afternoon and evening down in Las Vegas where we shopped, ate dinner, saw Celine Dion's show at Caesar's Palace and had dessert at the Cheesecake Factory at 11:40 pm. I think my favorite thing was Celine in Vegas--a serious highlight of my life! (I am corny I know :) In another life I am a dancer in that show. The choreography was so energetic, quite technical and very modern yet danced to the incredibly familiar music of Celine--I loved it!! Also topping the list this weekend: sleeping in, having plenty of time to get ready, talking and laughing together, shopping and consulting over outfits in the Nordstrom dressing room, and carrying a little purse around instead of a bulging diaper bag :)

If anyone who reads this doesn't know this yet, I am surrounded by amazing women in my family. They are strong, capable, intelligent, and sophisticated but they are also gentle, kind, selfless and very supportive. They lift me up and inspire me to be a more patient mother, a better friend, a more informed citizen, more daring with fashion and more committed to the Gospel. I love them and they made my weekend so perfect. We are all very different yet we have similar core values and at the end of the day, we are happy together. Thank you so much for our trip Mom (and Dad :) and thanks to you, Cecily, Heidi and Stacey for loving me just as I am.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

You blogged before me! I can't believe it. I truly feel nurtured and inspired and loved when I am around you guys, such a blessing to have amazing women in my life.

Did you see the new baby tonight?

Anonymous said...

I do love you just as you are. And you are a Celine dancer in another life! Except, in that life, you are the dancer as well as the singer! Such a fun weekend with such fun women!

Bobbi said...

It was a great week-end. There is something so relaxing and nurturing about girl-time together. I am constantly amazed at how wonderfully my daughters turned out, and how much fun it is to be with you all. And I am also so proud of Tye for choosing a girl who is much like his sisters! I do love you all just as you are--how could you be any better?! And yes, a big thanks to Dad for financing it all.