Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Wise Men Still Seek Him

Here is my sweet Bentley dressed as a wiseman for our annual nativity scene with the Smith family. He was very tender and calm for the event which is surprising since he was battling a horrible cold and high fever all of Christmas weekend. When he saw his cousin Will dressed in a similar way he wanted to follow along.
When Santa visited our little party Caroline cozied right up to him and loved his soft beard!

Christmas morning was very quiet and relaxed--words I never thought I'd use to describe it. We watched our little ones open stockings from Santa and then headed to my in-laws to speak with our missionary (Elder Bob LeBaron) in Toronto, Canada. We opened gifts here and there and the kids both napped off and on throughout the morning. Only Tom and Jess (Joe's little brother and his wife) came over in the morning and we enjoyed their company and conversation as well as Ruth Ann's crepes and homemade Cafe Rio leftovers. It was a delightful and pleasant Christmas with my happiness stemming from the gifts of Joseph, Caroline and Bentley in my life and the redeeming sacrifice of my Savior allowing me to grow and change and hopefully become more like Him.
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, the everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6
For more photos of all our holiday parties visit our newest photo page online.
Merry Christmas!!

5 comments:

Heidi said...

What little sweeties and a sweet message of our Savior. I wonder if Baby Cares knew Santa was Neil, I guess she is prety nice to everyone though huh?

Wish I could have seen the Nativity with all the cute kids!

I will go check out the rest of the pics now...

Heidi said...

I just looked at the pics... when did you guys get a sectional??

So many cute ones of your kids. And that scrooge pic of Willy is pure Dad!

Anonymous said...

Love the post and the pictures. Willy is pure Scrooge...we had to give him a big talk tonight about not being so grumpy. Your family looks so sweet, even with a sick Bean. I hope he gets better soon because Christmas is the worst time to not feel well!
The sectional looks good in your living room! I may have to go to Vintage Oak to see what they have.

Carrie said...

well we just got our new couch a week ago. Tom and Jess had ordered it for their new house and then it didn't fit down the stairs when they were moving in. We swapped our trade for a new one and got theirs! We love it!

Heidi said...

Cool, I want to see more pics of it...