Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Wheeler Farm


I love the holidays and family members gathering together! Last night the LeBaron clan decided to brave the cold and head to Wheeler Farm for a visit with Santa and a hay wagon ride to see the woods bedecked with lights. I was so proud of Bentley when we approached Santa--he bounded right over, sat up on his knee and told him he wanted the Cars movie for Christmas. After seeing Santa we headed outside to catch the hay wagon ride. We saw its lights in the distance slowly moving closer and then suddenly stopping. About 30 minutes and 8 frozen kids later the crew told us the wagon was stuck in the snow and the our ride would be considerably delayed if it happened at all. The news was unfortunate but I was ready to get my babies out of the cold and home to Nanny's for some yummy soup and homemade scones. I think the funniest part of the night was listening to Joseph test Maddie and Eloise on being "true" LeBarons (if you know the exact depth of your own belly-button and you smell your fingers for no apparent reason then you must be a LeBaron!) It's so fun having Flori and Rob in town--my kids are eating up all their attention and love.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that you just told all about your night and then I get on your blog and read about it again! Fun pictures...I love how happy Cares is with Santa! I need to post something today as well so maybe I will do that right now. Hope you are having a fun lunch with the Lebs.

Heidi said...

Man I looove that picture of baby Cares st the top- pure joy!! What a sweetheart she is and miniature you.

I had no idea Wheeler Farm did that during Christmas time- how fun, even if the sleigh ride did not work out. Flori's girls look so old I can't believe it.

Heidi said...

PS- beans is so cute too, of course. Is he wearing Cares gloves? Classic

Carrie said...

yeah--beans is wearing Cares' gloves! his were still wet from playing in the snow earlier and he didn't want a pair from Tiago--just the pink ones. he's funny :)