Friday, February 27, 2015

Olivia's PJ Party


 

 Olivia's 6 year old birthday party! My kids are such party planners (I'm pretty sure I help fuel their excitement looking at Pinterest with them and brainstorming ideas :) Livs had her heart set on a PJ party complete with dolls, her favorite food, donuts, and crafting and coloring.


 We spent a lot of time getting things ready for her party which included making these little doll-size sleeping masks. They turned out so cute and I loved using up lots of fun fabric remnants I had laying around.
 
We also made fun dolly notebooks, again using up craft paper pieces and adding colorful washi tape

  I didn't grab a picture but we had little Mason jars for party gifts full of lots of girly things like hair ties, a ring pop, tissues, and hand sanitizer. My Olivia loved gathering items for those and had them all assembled for her guests 2 full days before her party!

 The table all ready for party guests (of course the wrapping paper cover and banner decor were all handpicked by Olivia. She has remarkable taste :)

 The girls colored an AG coloring page when they first arrived

 We brought Livs' tent down from the playroom so the girls could play in it off and on.


We made beaded bracelets for the girls and then tiny ones for their dolls (or stuffed animals) and our big craft was decorating sleeping masks with rhinestones. I found a killer deal buying them in bulk from amazon and then we used up gems from our craft stash (I think tons were leftover from Cares' party 3 years ago when we decorated sleeping masks too!)

 These 3 were at the party because 1) Livs adores them and thinks they are the coolest (and Cares really, really wanted to be included, and 2) to be my party helpers and help all the little girls with whatever they needed since I was the only adult around. They were very silly and totally giggly the whole party and not actually all that helpful :| It was no big deal until it got distracting from the party and Livs was getting frustrated. It all worked out but I did have to sit down with Caroline after and get after her a little bit, especially when we had talked about things beforehand that she had clearly disregarded. Gosh these ladies got really hyper! It was actually really funny for a while...and then not so much :)
 
 Anyway, what would a party be without yummy snacks? We had deluxe donuts and mini powdered donuts with fresh fruit, yogurt, granola and sprinkles to mix however each girl wanted.

  Livs ended the party opening gifts and happily posing with her little friends as she did so.



 It ended up being such a fun event. My friend Lindsay took Luke and Bentley for me during the party and I got to hang out and craft and play with these cute girls. So glad we could make it a great day for our special girl. She has the cutest little friends and cousins!






1 comment:

Heidi said...

I'm just imagining little Heidi and little Carrie loving this party idea too back in the day. You are such a creative mom