Tuesday, December 30, 2014

December iPhone

 Bean got his braces off! Phase 1 done and in several years when all his baby teeth have fallen out we'll go for phase 2 :)

 Crazy winter day in 50s so these guys ran to the park with me (Bentley was at a friend's house)

 More warm days let me fit in 3 or 4 outdoor rides in a month I usually stick to spinning and treadmills. Outdoor rides are waaaaaaay better (and so much less sweaty with air and wind to wick it away!)

Cec had a birthday so my mom and I took her out for pedicures

 Tumbling fun for Cares and Maddie. Tumbling on Saturday mornings has been tricky — especially when we have jr. jazz games and lots of holiday activities. Caroline has learned so so much though! I am so proud of all her hard work and sore muscles after tumbling class.


 Joseph and I sang in my mom's December RS lesson and these darlings dressed up for it and were our reverent nativity.

 Bentley's Christmas piano recital. He played We Three Kings and Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring. I loved hearing him play and memorize those songs during all the weeks leading up to his performance.

 Outdoor runs to the end of the road in the hills behind my house.

 Sunshine, no matter what month it is, just feels so lovely. Simple pleasures...

 Snow finally came!! It was a Christmas miracle and we loved waking up to tons of white stuff Christmas morning and then playing in it lots during the rest of our winter break.



 Date night to see Unbroken with my parents. 

Cold weather finally hit us (and my kids were so upset about having to actually wear a coat! They got so spoiled this winter!) Cabella's is a great spot on freezing days.




 
  Enjoying our Christmas cards!

 During the break we had a serious puzzle itch. I think we finished 5 puzzles in 5 days, sometimes with kids helping and sometimes once the kids were in bed. It's been a lot of years since we puzzle binged and our necks were totally sore from it :)

We also watched a movie nearly every day of our break! 
I think Rise of the Guardians was our favorite.

One last thing we did early in the month was the 12 Days of Christmas for Joseph. The kids and I  planned ahead and got him lots of different things like a pair of socks for day 2, 3 packs of gum for day 3, a $10 dollar gift card on day 10, 8 pieces of his favorite beef jerky for day 8, and 11 mini toiletries for day 11 that he can use in his gym bag. Olivia helped me wrap the gifts each morning and then we left them on his pillow or on the kitchen table for him to find when he got home. We just love him so much and wanted him to know it. Little efforts like this are the best — we all enjoyed it so much!


1 comment:

Heidi said...

Such a cute little idea for joe, he is lucky to have such an adoring family!