Friday, August 1, 2014

More From July

 Some fireworks and sparklers out in front of our house. Bentley was begging me for fireworks all month in June so we bought a little package. Simple pleasures :)

 I tried to get to some major messes and projects but it was such a crazy month that I only managed my own closet floor. I did my side too but Joseph's was better for before and after pics!

 Date night with these awesome friends. We met at BYU thanks to modern dance. Erin and Tanja were some of my favorite people who danced with me and we all got married during our years in Dancensemble together so our husbands made fast friends too. When we hang out I feel like I'm 22 all over again and it's just so much fun!

Playdate at the reservoir with Erin and Tanja and all our kiddos 
(plus a few cousins and minus a Bentley who was at cub camp).

 Cares went on an activity days day camp and spent the day up at This Is the Place heritage park. She loved getting to go with these cool girls and had the best time.

 Evening at 7 Peaks Provo

 Luke being totally adorable in the gelato shop next door to Settebello (family date night downtown)

Maddie and Cares completed a week long dance camp up at Tanner Dance where they learned ballet, modern, and folk dance as well as created a bunch of cool artwork to help inspire their movement and choreography. They danced from 1-4 pm each day and on Friday had a little informance to show parents what they had learned. I raced down from youth conference in Park City to see her dance and it was awesome! I always love reconnecting with those great teachers and women in the Tanner Dance program too.


Right after this performance I packed up Cares and Livs (who had come with Cec) and drove to my mom's house to collect my boys. I then took my crew of kiddos farther south to Sandy to drop them off to Joseph so I could head back up Parley's to be with the youth. Joseph proceeded to take ALL 4 kids camping from there so he could participate in the brothers' and kids camping event they had wanted to do all summer. I should make Joseph write a blog post just about that adventure as it was full of red flags and lots of stress and suffering just to finally get it all to happen for a quick 15 hours in the canyon, but he was determined and I know our kids loved it! 

Maybe I'll just copy and paste his Instagram post to record for posterity. Nothing like barfs, rain and  a 2 year old to keep things real!



No comments: